Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Blinkin Marvellous

obewan

Blinkin Marvellous

Post by obewan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:57 pm

Well you guys were right. My drain and reseal of the left hand rear light cluster last summer didn't last :cry:

I noticed the other week that it had water in it again, albeit it was still working ok. So I drilled a very small hole in the side at the bottom corner and it drained all the water out in 10 mins or so, great. :thumbsup:

Trouble is it immediately failed and would only work intermittently. The following day the indicator LED's failed completely.

Following advice from forum members I contacted Clive at 'Blinkin Marvellous' via his eBay links.
Several email queries later, all promptly replied to, I posted the light cluster off to him on a Monday

Tuesday night Clive sent a text to say the cluster was repaired, including a broken seal clip and a dim red running light. He posted back to me the next day (Wed)

The cluster is now in and fully working - a great service from Clive along with prompt responses and updates. Happy to recommend if you have the dreaded light cluster water ingress issues. (I have no connection to him or his business)

Much more cost effective than a new one, assuming you could even find one, and without the risk a second hand unit may already have the same issue.
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Blinkin Marvellous

Post by B21 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:52 pm

obewan wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:57 pm Well you guys were right. My drain and reseal of the left hand rear light cluster last summer didn't last :cry:

I noticed the other week that it had water in it again, albeit it was still working ok. So I drilled a very small hole in the side at the bottom corner and it drained all the water out in 10 mins or so, great. :thumbsup:

Trouble is it immediately failed and would only work intermittently. The following day the indicator LED's failed completely.

Following advice from forum members I contacted Clive at 'Blinkin Marvellous' via his eBay links.
Several email queries later, all promptly replied to, I posted the light cluster off to him on a Monday

Tuesday night Clive sent a text to say the cluster was repaired, including a broken seal clip and a dim red running light. He posted back to me the next day (Wed)

The cluster is now in and fully working - a great service from Clive along with prompt responses and updates. Happy to recommend if you have the dreaded light cluster water ingress issues. (I have no connection to him or his business)

Much more cost effective than a new one, assuming you could even find one, and without the risk a second hand unit may already have the same issue.
Good to hear about a quality service ..much needed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: