Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Carbon Intake tube

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
solo_the_lad

Carbon Intake tube

Post by solo_the_lad » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:23 pm

Hi all, I am in the process of developing a carbon intake tube for my car. It will only replace the tube itself traveling from the manifold to the filter box, and it will delete the air resonator component. Outside width will be 77mm, so it will fit perfectly inside of the couplings on either side, once the interior metal collars are removed. I am just wondering if anyone else would be interested in this upgrade? I imagine it will have a bit more sound, it will definitely look superior, all while maintaining that OEM+ look. I'm currently still designing the female mold with CAD, and then after the I will create the prototype out of some 2x2 twill carbon. Let me know if you'd be interested!

EDIT: application is for the N52
3.0i z4, every aero mod on the planet, stage 3 intake swap + tune. Remember guys, you can't fail if you don't try. :thumbsup:

Meds

Carbon Intake tube

Post by Meds » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:46 pm

Sounds interesting and it will be great to see pics of the progress. Good luck..
E86 3.0si - Koni, Eibach, Eisenmann. viewtopic.php?t=143973
F31 340i MPPSK - Carrying family, bikes, kayaks and everything else.

solo_the_lad

Carbon Intake tube

Post by solo_the_lad » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:07 pm

Meds wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:46 pm Sounds interesting and it will be great to see pics of the progress. Good luck..
thanks man, I will likely just update when its finished
3.0i z4, every aero mod on the planet, stage 3 intake swap + tune. Remember guys, you can't fail if you don't try. :thumbsup:

Limonge

Carbon Intake tube

Post by Limonge » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:58 pm

Seems interesting, show us the evolution!! How much would it be approx?

Kenich

Carbon Intake tube

Post by Kenich » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:19 pm

Interested :driving:

solo_the_lad

Carbon Intake tube

Post by solo_the_lad » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:15 am

Limonge wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:58 pm Seems interesting, show us the evolution!! How much would it be approx?
I will update with the mold once the CAD model is completed. Im designing and printing a mold myself and will make the carbon tube myself as well. If there's enough interest, I'll hire a company to make a professional mold (approx $1200 which is why im not doing that off the bat), and they will be able to produce the parts more rapidly for me as well, probably around $80 a piece I think I'd pay. That plus shipping to me and then overseas, packaging and such I'd likely have to charge in the ballpark of $200, hard to say for sure tho.