Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Control unit

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
NelSeprio

Control unit

Post by NelSeprio » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:06 am

Hello, first of all I apologize for my poor english. I have an e85 3.0i automatic with some issues with the contol unit. Parking sensors don't work, passenger window doesn't go up automatically and the alarm sounds randomly. Brought the car at and official BMW mechanic and they said that there are no new replacement for the control unit, only used ones. They wrote to Munich but even them have no answers. So, as you can see the problems are no big issue, buy maybe one day a really big problem will appear. What do you think about my situation? Will I be force to buy a used control unit that may be broken too? Thank you

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Control unit

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:12 am

Hello and welcome.
I'm not sure your faults are all one issue.
The passenger window on some models is not coded to come up automatically. It can be quite easily.
First though, try a reset. Doors and windows closed, use the drivers door switch to lower the passenger window. When it gets to the bottom, press and release the down button four times within ten seconds. Then wind the window up. When it gets to the top pull and release the up button four times within ten seconds. If you are lucky this will make it work. If not it is a simple coding change to make it do it.
The alarm is often a poor connection in the switch at the back of the engine bay. Try disconnecting that and see if it stops the alarm going off.
Parking sensors could well be the control module behind the carpet in the boot.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

NelSeprio

Control unit

Post by NelSeprio » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:01 am

Thank you so much