Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cheap broken coupe

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Cheap broken coupe

Post by paddy wright » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:04 pm

MonsterZ4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:02 am I’ve been trying to buy this but we can’t agree a price. It’s an interesting/confusing car.
You given up on getting back into your old one?
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

MonsterZ4

Cheap broken coupe

Post by MonsterZ4 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm

paddy wright wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:04 pm
MonsterZ4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:02 am I’ve been trying to buy this but we can’t agree a price. It’s an interesting/confusing car.
Sort of. I know where the car is, I’ve even driven past it, on his driveway, but if I reach out direct to the owner, he will think I’m an utter nutter!

The person who has acted as a go between, well I doubt she gives a s**t either way, so not sure what to do really. I have cash waiting for it, it’s the car I totally want.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Cheap broken coupe

Post by paddy wright » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:04 pm

MonsterZ4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm
Sort of. I know where the car is, I’ve even driven past it, on his driveway, but if I reach out direct to the owner, he will think I’m an utter nutter!

The person who has acted as a go between, well I doubt she gives a s**t either way, so not sure what to do really. I have cash waiting for it, it’s the car I totally want.
I knew you had a go between but before you jump on another car I would say its worth a punt of speaking to the owner directly. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

MonsterZ4

Cheap broken coupe

Post by MonsterZ4 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:12 pm

paddy wright wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:04 pm
MonsterZ4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm

I knew you had a go between but before you jump on another car I would say its worth a punt of speaking to the owner directly. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I might write to them, I’ve got nothing to lose…….?

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Cheap broken coupe

Post by paddy wright » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm

MonsterZ4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:12 pm
MonsterZ4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm Sort of. I know where the car is, I’ve even driven past it, on his driveway, but if I reach out direct to the owner, he will think I’m an utter nutter!

I'd knock on the door- harder to ignore, more likely to understand your sentimental attachment and easier for your to garner an idea if there is any likelihood they will part with it at any price.

MonsterZ4

Cheap broken coupe

Post by MonsterZ4 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:12 am

paddy wright wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm
MonsterZ4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:12 pm
I'd knock on the door- harder to ignore, more likely to understand your sentimental attachment and easier for your to garner an idea if there is any likelihood they will part with it at any price.
Sod it, I have a few days off next week once the kids are back in school, I’ll drive over and knock on. See what happens.

MonsterZ4

Cheap broken coupe

Post by MonsterZ4 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:50 pm

Street wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:33 pm I’ve been chatting to the owner over the last week.. When you buy a non runner from Copart you have to know a little about cars surely?

For the sake of taking spark plugs out and trying to turn it over I can’t believe it’s hydrolocked. More likely electrical damage which could be harder to find or a bent piston.

I’d love to play but sadly it’s a really basic spec so cant justify pulling it from one end of the country to the other. There’s a boot at Quarry Motors for £600 in the right colour if anyone takes it on.
The seller just messaged me, he is trying to fix the car himself. Just sent me a picture of the engine bay, minus the engine! Hopefully he can get it put right and back on the road!

Ben02

Cheap broken coupe

Post by Ben02 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:45 am

In all honesty, it’s already a cheap Coupe… Every Pound less than £3500 is making it more attractive, even it’s more to do than the mentioned issues.