Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Switched Live in the boot?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
davegt

Post by davegt » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:39 pm

In the process of doing a basic upgrade of the sound system in the Z, I'm not looking for top end just a general improvement, I've already replaced the basic speakers with Aliexpress B&O's which are a big improvement but I've also I've picked up an all in one sub/amp under seat style unit to fit in the boot, I've run the cables for everything but need some help identifying an easy access switched live in the boot.

Thinking that the Bluetooth module should have a switched live I can tap into, anyone have a wiring diagram or know which wire it would be, other options/suggestions welcome but really would prefer not to have to route a cable all the way to the front of the car.

:thumbsup:
Last edited by davegt on Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daily: 2022 Mercedes GLB mileage muncher
Weekend: 2010 E89 35i, Stubby, Black Grills, Milltek exhaust, DCI, Carplay, BC Coilovers, Black Aluwerk 19" Alloys. (Parts sat collecting dust: IS diffuser, m4 carbon spoiler, FMIC)

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:17 pm

Does the amp have a wake up wire? in which case there's pkenty of unswitched power there?

You could tap into the EKP LPFP power lead which is in the RHS of the boot near the bulkhead..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

davegt

Post by davegt » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:29 pm

Yes has the main fused 12v, ground and the "remote/wake up wire"

Its just the remote/wake up that i need to connect to turn it on/off with the ignition to save draining the battery, any idea what colour that lead is?
Weekend: 2010 E89 35i, Stubby, Black Grills, Milltek exhaust, DCI, Carplay, BC Coilovers, Black Aluwerk 19" Alloys. (Parts sat collecting dust: IS diffuser, m4 carbon spoiler, FMIC)

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:33 pm

F70 is the switched LPFP feed to the EKP..its red on pin 1 of the EKP
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

davegt

Post by davegt » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:40 pm

Nice one, thanks for that :thumbsup: