Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Window problem.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Sgr74

Window problem.

Post by Sgr74 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:47 pm

I’ve just put my Zed back on the road after the winter. I think the membrane in the drivers door is leaking. My drivers side window goes down perfectly but goes back up in stages. I’ve tried to reset it. It helped a bit but still just going up in stages. Is it a program issue or is the regulator on its way out?
Black 2.5 Roadie.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Window problem.

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:52 pm

The membrane leaking is probably a separate issue and you'll need to address that while you're getting at the motor.
Does it go up in stages simply by holding the button? Or do you have to keep clicking it each time it stops?
If it was meeting a restriction then the anti-trap should make it go back down. Which implies that isn't working, but a resewt should have sorted that.
What improved with the reset?

I'm thinking you need the card off and a visual check, plus some cleaning/lubrication of the runners.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Sgr74

Window problem.

Post by Sgr74 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:02 pm

I have to let go then press again. When I reset it no moves with one press where as before I had to press it a few times before it would move. Door card will be coming off this weekend.
Black 2.5 Roadie.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Window problem.

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:04 pm

Possibly the switch?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: