Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another roof issue.

weeman88

Another roof issue.

Post by weeman88 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:00 pm

So a couple of weeks ago i was getting the odd roof bong warning here and there. So them i tryed the roof which opened fine, but then really stuggled to close. Now i get a constant bong why driving sometimes it will stop other times it just continues. The open roof switch is constantly flashing red and i can no longer get the roof to move with the buttons.

The car probably does need a new battery as i do get the battey warning sign if ignition is left on for more than a few moments.

Plugged the car in today using bimmerlink and got the follow two codes.
A692 which says its the hall sensor im gussing this is the one located not in the boot.
A670 which is a fogging sesnor not sure this is roof related.

Why driving the car last weekend up to leeds did not get a single bong the whole trip but did hear some very slighty knocking nooses coming from drivers side roof.

But since that drive its constantly been going.

Still have acess to the boot and all windows work fine but have no way of opening the roof to look at any of the wires as if i press roof down button the car just bongs and me and does nothing

Cheers

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Another roof issue.

Post by B21 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:31 pm

New fully charged battery is your first port of call..then try to motor the roof with the engine running.. :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Another roof issue.

Post by flybobbie » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:41 pm

Probably, for the thousandth time, broken wire.

RobbiZ4

Another roof issue.

Post by RobbiZ4 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:05 pm

weeman88 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:00 pm Plugged the car in today using bimmerlink and got the follow two codes.
A692 which says its the hall sensor im gussing this is the one located not in the boot.
A692 points to the microswitch coupling fastener on the right in the trunk. Just get it replaced on both sides as recommended in my

⌛E89: Retractable Hardtop (roof) Maintenance (and additional) tasks
viewtopic.php?t=130932

PartNo:
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048