Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Clean interiors

Discussing the current generation Z4
Grayfox

Clean interiors

Post by Grayfox » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:14 pm

Hi guys, I am a new owner of the z4 g29, and I am not familiar with these interiors made of different materials. As optional I have the dashboard in Sensatec and the seats in Vernasca. Then the rest I think you know It.
So i don't understand which products I need to use if for plastic or for leather. Otherwise, I read that just a cleaner is enagh nothing more.
Could you please advise me how can I clean my interiors?

Thanks!

Schaef

Clean interiors

Post by Schaef » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:18 am

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Clean interiors

Post by buzyg » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:48 am

Johnsons baby wipes and a touch of leather conditioner on the seats to finish. Simples. :D

coldel

Clean interiors

Post by coldel » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:21 am

As the car is relatively new, it will still have the top layer on the seats to protect them. So in that case I would not worry about conditioners as if anything it will just sit on the layer and attract dust and dirt.

A good cleaning regime is whats needed. If you cant get your house vacuum cleaner out to the car get a handheld one. Clear as much dust, debris, dirt as you can with the vac then use a leather cleaner (two good ones linked in post above) to wipe down and finish with a microfibre. Careful with using non leather specific wipes (these are handy to have in the car in case of spillages etc) as they can contain bleaches that are not good for the leather. You can buy leather wipes cheaply enough online that are made specifically for the job.
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Grayfox

Clean interiors

Post by Grayfox » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:33 am

Schaef wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:18 am I use nanolex interior cleaner en Gyeon leather cleaning.

https://www.nanolex.de/en/products/cleaner/interieur

https://gyeonquartz.nl/product/leathercleaner-mild
Thank you very much guys. I bought these products, I keep you posted!