Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EBay or Autotrader for E89 in the current market?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:20 pm

I used Autotrader to sell a couple of 3 Series in the past.

I sold a cheap runaround on Gumtree and did get one response for a Z4 I put on Gumtree, although the eventual buyer found it on here.

Pistonheads might be a good shout especially if you can get a free advert on there - I think you have to have been a member for 10 years.

Good luck helping him out. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:38 pm

I’m not convinced eBay has the seller’s integrity that you’d get on AutoTrader, but there’s no science to it. That said, for a seller AutoTrader can be slow news (from experience) but does offer a more trusted buyers platform. I’d consider auction too. Several highly trusted venues now getting lots of exposure

Fady

Post by Fady » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:57 am

I've only just read the back story.

Sending out my best wishes to Big Bad Boris.
E89 28i M Sport Manual
Other Cars: Mercedes Benz E63, X4 M40i

plenty

Post by plenty » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:27 am

All of them, if you're serious about selling. I typically advertise on owners' forums first as I'd like my cars to go to a good home. If no takers I then publish on AT, eBay, PH, Facebook and Carandclassic. Gumtree is the only place I actively avoid.