Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replace soft top

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
supadupa64

Replace soft top

Post by supadupa64 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:02 am

I replaced the soft top by myself and did it by leaving the top structure on the vehicle. I only removed the fabric material and then put the new one in its place.

1) Put tape or something around the trunk area and sides. Just do it.
2) It took many hours to complete. Probably 6-7 hours, maybe 8 hours.
3) Things that made it take longer: stripped screws, had to grind one off. Putting things together and them taking then off a few times... =(
4) Rubber seal cracked a little along back. That wasn't fun.
5) motor is basically impossible to get out without taking off the material top. I could barely get it out even with full access. Soaking wet inside, of course...
6) There's a metal bar just above the window. Remember how this came apart because you'll need to put it back together.

7) I screwed in aluminum bow shaped bar inside trunk area first after I attached top to it. I did take that out so I could sit in my living room and put that on there. I tried to slide it on, but that wasn't working well, so I just got a screw driver and little by little, inched it in the slot.

I think this image is with the front not closed all the way because when it's closed it's a pretty tight fit.
20240321_160336.jpg
20240321_160336.jpg (233.08 KiB) Viewed 171 times