Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

B12 kit question

"M" Specific discussion
XMetal

B12 kit question

Post by XMetal » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:15 am

maupineda wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:26 pm it very likely will due to the extra nitrogen gas fill. they will settle some after some miles and time. My car lost about 5-7mm in about a year and staid there.

I never used the Bilstein shocks with OE springs as I went the coil over route, so my numbers will be different some.

What I can tell you is that I chose a spring rate that was close to OE (225 lb/in). OE spring is (according to some forum data) 194 - 224 (progressive). However, I initially chose 250 in/lb spring and I was having trouble to meet OE height due to the Bilstein shocks (even though my math indicated otherwise). My rate was 10% higher, but the spring I chose was also shorter. I had to go down to 224 in/lb springs, and then the threaded body of the H&R strut allowed for the desired height.

If you want to compensate for any height gain with B6, you can add camber plates which have a lower height.

All this is a rabbit hole, I did it as I was already deep into it and wanted the car to be exactly what I wanted.
Thank you for your detailed feedback - very much appreciated :thumbsup:

I guessed I will just start with the B6 struts/shocks with the OE springs. If it sits higher than expected, then I'll take your advice of going to camber plates. I don't track/autocross the car to warrant coilover at this point.