Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheel spacer / bolts question …

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Bodyboarder

Post by Bodyboarder » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pm

Sorry another question for you knowledgeable lot

Want to put a 5mm spacer on the front … understand you can’t get a hubcentric one due to the size . I have a universal 5mm ones sat here that line up with my bolt pattern . Can I use the standard bolts on a 5mm spacer ? And if I cant can I use the bolts from the 12-15mm spacers I have ? Will the longer bolts protrude out the back of the hub and cause an issue ?

Thank you and as always appreciate feed back and help :thumbsup:

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 am

dont use non hubcentric spacers.. your asking for trouble and vibrations..

https://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/41 ... parts.aspx
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

Kenich

Post by Kenich » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

You can get hub centric 5mm spacers, I'm sure H&R do them. Its the bolt to hub style you're likely thinking of.

For wheel bolts, lots of sizes available. I would personally just buy one approx 5mm longer to be safe.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 pm

I wouldn't even think about fitting any spacers that weren't hub-centric.

And wouldn't dream of using standard bolts on 5mm spacers - they don't go in far without spacers! :o

I'm pretty sure most longer length bolts are available to suit the size of spacer, and AFAIK bolt lengths need to match spacer sizes to avoid fouling.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Bodyboarder

Post by Bodyboarder » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 pm

All sorted. :thumbsup:

5mm spacer on the front which aren’t hubcentric but enough of the hub still protrudes to allow for correct wheel fitment . I just cut down the longer bolts I had to 30mm to suit . 12mm rear hubcentric spacers and correct length bolts used . All works fine , no vibrations and looks so much better for it :driving: