Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New E89 owner saying Hello

First port of call for new members
Fady

Post by Fady » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:00 am

Not my first post but thought about time I added to this section :)

Car is a 2012 28i M Sport manual:

Long story short, this replaces my beloved MR2 Roadster which I had for 7 years before it slid off a wet road totally unprovoked in early Feb and was duly written off by the insurance company. I do own another practical (and very fast) car but as I always enjoy something nimble and open-topped, it was only a matter of weeks before I started looking for a replacement and eventually narrowed the search down to a Z4.

This was the 3rd one I looked at, and although literally right on my doorstep at just 4 miles away, I had already gone to see a 2015 model 75 miles away which turned out to be a disappointment in terms of condition. As I was looking for a standard car and preferably not in white, the exhaust mod, wheels - which I now see as a plus, spoiler and rear M badge (removed as soon as I got home) put me off looking at it. As it transpired, owner has taken good care of it and was a pretty decent bloke. Was selling as has replaced with an M4. It was also one of the best specced cars that met my basic requirements with coral red leather, iDrive, business speaker system, lighting and storage packages etc.

Fairly sound MOT history and a comprehensive set of service receipts and just requiring detailing to bring it up to my own OCD standards for which the spending has already commenced. List so far - run flats replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S', central console swapped out with one off eBay which had all the button graphics intact, new OEM wheel centres and mats, Nav updated from 2012 to 2024-2, Y-cable for an iPod (of which I am a big fan of and own 3). I've also got a set of black grilles but, as seems more involved to swap these out than had envisaged, in on the to do list which currently comprises of a host of detailing tasks.

Anyways - currently gleaning knowledge from the wealth of info in this forum :thumbsup:
E89 28i M Sport Manual
Other Cars: Mercedes Benz E63, X4 M40i

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:20 am

That looks very nice, sensible to remove the m badge. :thumbsup:

I also sold my Z4 for an M4 - still miss the Zed
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

coldel

Post by coldel » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 am

Welcome along, would love to see the work you do on the cars (I keep a thread like this) find it gives inspiration

Also a detailing nut so look forward to seeing what you like to do with the cars :thumbsup:
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:34 pm

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Fady

Post by Fady » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:23 pm

Cheers folks and thanks for the very warm welcome!
E89 28i M Sport Manual
Other Cars: Mercedes Benz E63, X4 M40i