Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fairlift airbag module coding help needed

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:12 pm

Went to code an airbag module on a very nice blue M this morning.
However, we hit a snag.
The module is known as the ASCM in these facelift cars and I could not find any reference to it in WinKFP to enable me to update it.
I suspect I am missing the relevant data files.

Has anyone done this?
Or does anyone have the EIDEBAS suite of software which has the relevant data files for the 'ASCM85'.
In my IT niaivety I am hoping it is simply a case of adding this data file to my files, but I have no real idea.

Hoping someone with some IT-savvy member can help me out please.

Thank you.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zowen

Post by Zowen » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:21 am

It may be under a different name unfortunately don't have the EIDEBAS suite of software and I wasn't able to find anyone else online with an e85/86 that could help (there was a post in 2017 but no one ever replied)

there's a post with something similar unsure if they'd help and a lot of people seem to use different tools.
There's this post https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1859523
And on another post there's this about coding it

E-SYS transmitter
EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS.
DOUBLE CLICK ON TRANSMITTER
DOUBLE-CLICK "ACSM verriegelung_schreiben"_verrieg

Tool32
ecu: ACSM4.prg / ACSM5.prg.
job"steuern_verriegelung_schreiben"
run
results window "JOB_STATUS=OKAY"

So it may be located in a weird place if you can't find it.
I did find someone who had an "ASCM error" and tried taking it to the dealer and apparently they just replaced it.

Sorry I'd class myself as tech savvy but inexperienced in this so might not be much help.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:50 am

Thank you. I wasn’t quite clear in my description. I can find it in INPA, so the software is seeing it. But WinKFP doesn’t have the correct data file to draw the information from

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zowen

Post by Zowen » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 am

viewtopic.php?t=140017

A member here uploaded his dates files which may be useful to see if uploading them will fix it otherwise from what I've been reading Tool32 might cover your issue. I'm pretty good at sourcing files so without trying to repeat someone else's work, if the link doesn't work let me know and I'll get the most up to date files for everything I can find in hopes it'll help :)

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:26 am

Zowen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 am viewtopic.php?t=140017

A member here uploaded his dates files which may be useful to see if uploading them will fix it otherwise from what I've been reading Tool32 might cover your issue. I'm pretty good at sourcing files so without trying to repeat someone else's work, if the link doesn't work let me know and I'll get the most up to date files for everything I can find in hopes it'll help :)
Thank you. i couldn't find that for some reason.
Do you know if each version is better than the last or may I need to search all three versions for the daten files I need?

Zowen

Post by Zowen » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:33 am

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:26 am
Zowen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 am viewtopic.php?t=140017

Thank you. i couldn't find that for some reason.
Do you know if each version is better than the last or may I need to search all three versions for the daten files I need?
It was awkward to find I kinda stumbled across it with an irrelevant search. But versions should be better everytime so the newer version should have every capability and more of the previous ones. However if you can find the file you need then at least you can confirm it's not the file that's the issue if you are on that version