Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Water in the sills !! ??

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Silverback355

Water in the sills !! ??

Post by Silverback355 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:32 pm

Hi guys.
I'm having a nightmare trying to locate the wet carpet problem causing the Airbag light to come on the dash. I've removed the passenger door card and the vapour membrane is in mint condition.πŸ‘Œ But what I have noticed is I'm getting signs of water leakage under the sill running along the weld behind the rear jack seat. Has any one else had this issue as it's getting into the rear carpet behind the seat somehow. 🀦🀷🀬. The roof motor has been relocated into the boot and the drain holes are clear and running free. It's starting to get frustrating now. How do I resolve this. πŸ”₯πŸ’£πŸ’₯

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Water in the sills !! ??

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:36 pm

Yes I've seen a few get water in there. Not entirely sure how?
You can lever the jack pads to one side a bit to let it out. Best with one end of the car up a bit so it all runs out.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Silverback355

Water in the sills !! ??

Post by Silverback355 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:43 pm

enuff_zed wrote: ↑Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:36 pm Yes I've seen a few get water in there. Not entirely sure how?
You can lever the jack pads to one side a bit to let it out. Best with one end of the car up a bit so it all runs out.
Yeah I've been watching a YouTube video and it shows water flooding out of the jacking pads. It's a mystery and it's annoying mate.

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Water in the sills !! ??

Post by Number5 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:58 pm

I think there maybe a joint in the roof drain system. A hose seems to connect to the bottom of the drain tray outlet and if that joint is compromised or disconnected, I think it may find its way into the sill rather than directly run out the bottom.
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Water in the sills !! ??

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:09 pm

Number5 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:58 pm I think there maybe a joint in the roof drain system. A hose seems to connect to the bottom of the drain tray outlet and if that joint is compromised or disconnected, I think it may find its way into the sill rather than directly run out the bottom.
Ah yes, probably dislodged by over-enthusiast rodding of the drain. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Silverback355

Water in the sills !! ??

Post by Silverback355 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:29 pm

Number5 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:58 pm I think there maybe a joint in the roof drain system. A hose seems to connect to the bottom of the drain tray outlet and if that joint is compromised or disconnected, I think it may find its way into the sill rather than directly run out the bottom.
Thanks for that mate , that's something else I need to investigate then. I didn't know there was a pipe connected. I'll get the car on the ramps tomorrow and have a look and give it a good rodding πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ‘