Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tuesday 16 April - BMW Yard Meet at the Hut, Caffeine & Machine, West Meon GU32 1JX

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Tuesday 16 April - BMW Yard Meet at the Hut, Caffeine & Machine, West Meon GU32 1JX

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm

There was a general thread about this venue opening and I was just browsing through their upcoming events and found this one.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bmw-yard ... tdtcreator

The only downside is it starts at 5pm which won't suit everyone on a weekday, but I fancy going along anyway to see what it's like.

It would be great to see some other Z4s there!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:15 pm

Take care if you are going down the A32 from Alton. There are 3 speed cameras between the “Gaze Burvill” sign and the Caffeine and Machine crossroads. I assume they are speed cameras, although I have not seen that type before. There aren’t any from the Petersfield direction, as far as I could tell. It wouldn’t surprise me if there were some more coming up the A32 from the South, since it’s a nice fast road.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:45 pm

Many thanks for the warning Ben. :thumbsup:

It doesn't look like it will be a fun drive then. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:08 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:45 pm Many thanks for the warning Ben. :thumbsup:

It doesn't look like it will be a fun drive then. :lol:
It’s a lovely road, I think (rather, I hope) it’s 60 most of the way. You can take a detour through Froxfield and Steep. When you get to the bottom of Steep (it’s called Steep for a reason), you’ll want to drive back up again, it’s a proper windy hill climb.
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:32 pm

Thanks for the tips - I might try a detour on the way home as it will be a quieter time of day hopefully. :D

I think I'll book in anyway just to get a feel for the place.
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:54 pm

I’ll book in too if work allows and forecast is Ok. Now I’m in one of those cheapskate ragtops, I can’t drive in the rain :rofl:

Sladester100

Post by Sladester100 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:52 am

No more tickets left on eventbrite. Have joined a waitlist in case I’m free! :thumbsup:

Although. Looking at it, it’s a Tuesday? So tickets are optional (annd free) and for the priority parking ? (Unlike wed eve and weekends where it’s ticket only….?)
So may be worth just turning up anyway? It’s a tad confusing!
F30 320d ED Melbourne Metallic, Vis Pack, Dakota Leather, & Other Goodies :thumsup:
G29 M40i First Edition Frozen Orange :cool:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:12 pm

I missed the tickets too, but was thinking of getting there around 4. They can't really evict you if you are already there can they?

But then I've looked at the weather forecast and it's currently for rain with a bit more rain. If it changes I might still go there anyway.

Maybe we need to find a day with no specific event and just turn up?

What days and times would people prefer?
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Sladester100

Post by Sladester100 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 pm

So for classic ticketed times (Wednesday evenings and Weekends) it is mandatory to have a ticket and at 1700 people are asked to vacate.

This event looks like ticket is for parking guarantee rather than an event ticket it self if that makes sense.

The weather is now nice. Not sure if I can make it this afternoon though due to amount of work I have - are you / anyone heading down?
F30 320d ED Melbourne Metallic, Vis Pack, Dakota Leather, & Other Goodies :thumsup:
G29 M40i First Edition Frozen Orange :cool:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 pm

Well the weather looked better than the forecast, but just as I was thinking of going at 3pm it started raining so I didn't go. :roll:

Given I didn't have a ticket it looks like I'd have got evicted anyway, and I missed the hailstorm at 4pm so not all bad. :)

I'll probably go there one day when there is no event scheduled just to see what it's like.
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Fred Smith

Post by Fred Smith » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:52 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 pm Well the weather looked better than the forecast, but just as I was thinking of going at 3pm it started raining so I didn't go. :roll:

Given I didn't have a ticket it looks like I'd have got evicted anyway, and I missed the hailstorm at 4pm so not all bad. :)

I'll probably go there one day when there is no event scheduled just to see what it's like.
If you were minded to make it a last minute mini-meet then I'm a work for myself, from home type, whose not overly busy right now... I might be able to join you (and have a couple of cousins very close so might even be able to kill two (or three) birds with one stone.)