Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Road rash/ Mud flaps 🤔🤔🤔

Discussing the current generation Z4
adambmw

Road rash/ Mud flaps 🤔🤔🤔

Post by adambmw » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 pm

BigDave wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:31 pm Just got round to fitting these wheel arch protectors, but i have a question.

The rears ive fitted with no problem, but the fronts ???

In 2 of the pics they seem to be in different positions.

On the black car they are stuck to the black plastic arch liner, and are slightly recessed, BUT on the purple car they look to be stuck directly to the wheel arch, how have you managed to stick them to the Arch, did you remove / peel back the arch liner.?? Do you have any pics of them fitted on the purple car, from another angle, to show the arch liner etc....

Thanks...
Did you figure this out, I bought the same because of this thread and now I have them I the same question on the correct/best was to position the fronts. Thanks

BigDave

Road rash/ Mud flaps 🤔🤔🤔

Post by BigDave » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am

Hi. Yes i did sort it out,, Ill take some pics soon and show you how i did it...

I basically fitted the fronts partly on the arch liner, and used a black sealant / no nails type of sealant [sparingly],, on the recess, so the "mud flaps" got a good grip... :driving: