Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another roof query... sorry

t90ark

Post by t90ark » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:54 am

My e89 hasn't been used a great deal lately, and has been sat with a battery conditioner connected. The conditioner, however, rarely shows full. I'm content the conditioner is OK - I've used in on the X5, no worries.

Now, to the roof. If I try to use the roof, I get the red light and 'movement impaired' error. If I drive the car for a short time, I'm talking 10 minutes, the roof will come back to life. Park it up, and go through the process all over again.

I'm starting to lean toward the battery, i know these cars can do some strange things if the battery isnt 100%, but does anybody else have any thoughts?
Current:
2014 F15 X5 30d Msport in Sapphire Black
2010 E89 SE sdrive 30i auto in Sapphire Black
Previous:
2016 4 series 430d Gran Coupe in Carbon Black (lovely car, just not right for me)
2009 E89 SE sdrive 30i in Alpine White

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:19 pm

t90ark wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:54 am My e89 hasn't been used a great deal lately, and has been sat with a battery conditioner connected. The conditioner, however, rarely shows full. I'm content the conditioner is OK - I've used in on the X5, no worries.

Now, to the roof. If I try to use the roof, I get the red light and 'movement impaired' error. If I drive the car for a short time, I'm talking 10 minutes, the roof will come back to life. Park it up, and go through the process all over again.

I'm starting to lean toward the battery, i know these cars can do some strange things if the battery isnt 100%, but does anybody else have any thoughts?
Yup crappy battery…or at least 90%+ probability…always the first thing to swap out..probably one or more cells dying…very few test measurements will discriminate to the point that an E89 is happy..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: