Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Woke up this morning and Freya is in a bad mood. Trans light errors

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
steve69

Post by steve69 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:28 am

P0709 and P0701

Research indicates could be gear select contacts and trans fluid, but being that they appeared together im worried it could be something more serious.

Both errors have come from the AAx software and box, ill get pa soft on it now and update with more info... She's like a bloody teenager, given her everything she needs and still she wants more!

steve69

Post by steve69 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:33 am

Ewww, turning the key she's not even ticking over... more to come

steve69

Post by steve69 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:14 am

Looks to be a flat battery. Just circled the m32 twice (on less than 5% fuel :? Filling up now will check in a mo

steve69

Post by steve69 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:47 am

Yep, so before I left I checked the battery, couldn't get a reading off the multimeter at all. With reconnecting it i managed to get the car started, did those runs around the m32 it's now reading 12.62v

I've installed led headlights. The side lights after locking the car are seeming to stay on and slowly drain the battery. I've removed the coding for daytime running lights, any other idea what it could be? Disconnecting the battery shuts the lights off. I'm also removing the Bluetooth adapter that's charged by the cigerette lighter now when getting out of the car. I also have an AAx obd port reader that I'll be removing from the car overnight should stop this issue. Any ideas on the lights anyone?