Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Left side airbag sensor module

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
jophos

Left side airbag sensor module

Post by jophos » Wed May 08, 2024 7:17 pm

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a left side airbag sensor module. The part I've been quoted by my garage is: 65776948087, but I understand that the following numbers would also be compatible:

If anyone has access to one of these I'd be extremely grateful. My garage says they should be able to do the coding, but they are struggling to source one themselves.

I'm slightly suspicious that the garage understands the complexity of the coding, given some of the messages I've seen here. I have a couple of weeks before my MOT expires, so could drive further afield to get it coded, if by some miracle I can get hold of one by then.

Many thanks,
Jo

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed May 08, 2024 7:25 pm

Hi Jo, welcome to the forum.
I suspect you are right to be wary of the garage. Ask them if they know how to set the system time, that is usually the acid test. :wink:
At the moment I only have one '8571' which is spoken for unless I hear otherwise in the next few days.

Not sure whereabouts you are, but if we could help you find a module then I'm more than happy to help with the coding etc.

In the meantime, find out why it failed. Most common reason is it getting wet, so push the seat fully forward, slide your hand in through the gap in the carpet and see if its wet under there. If it is, report back as we need to sort that or you'll drown your replacement module as well. :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

jophos

Post by jophos » Wed May 08, 2024 8:38 pm

Thanks for all your help! I just had a rummage, and yes it is wet under the carpet. My roof motor failed last year, and hadn't realised that the water ingress was likely to cause further damage :headbang: . I'll do some research how to deal with the leak...

The airbag light first came on after I had been removing and replacing my Grom aftermarket audio system. I had (stupidly) forgotten that I needed to disconnect the battery while messing with the electrics, and thought that this might have corrupted the VIN on the sensor. The airbag light appeared immediately after I plugged the Grom back in, but I suppose this could have been a coincidence. In the event that this was the cause, rather that water damage, do you think my existing unit could be recoded?

If the sale of your 8571 falls through then I'd certainly be interested in purchasing it!

I'm based in Somerset, but happy for a trek to get this sorted.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed May 08, 2024 8:46 pm

jophos wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:38 pm Thanks for all your help! I just had a rummage, and yes it is wet under the carpet. My roof motor failed last year, and hadn't realised that the water ingress was likely to cause further damage :headbang: . I'll do some research how to deal with the leak...

The airbag light first came on after I had been removing and replacing my Grom aftermarket audio system. I had (stupidly) forgotten that I needed to disconnect the battery while messing with the electrics, and thought that this might have corrupted the VIN on the sensor. The airbag light appeared immediately after I plugged the Grom back in, but I suppose this could have been a coincidence. In the event that this was the cause, rather that water damage, do you think my existing unit could be recoded?

If the sale of your 8571 falls through then I'd certainly be interested in purchasing it!

I'm based in Somerset, but happy for a trek to get this sorted.
The main centre module can be recoded but I don't think the satellite ones can.
I've just posted a different one to Plymouth!
Maybe I should just load up the car with laptop and modules and go on tour. :rofl:

Keep searching for one yourself and maybe we can arrange a halfway point to get it sorted.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Liam22

Post by Liam22 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:57 pm

I have an Airbag module with matching side sensors in my garage clearout post.

jophos

Post by jophos » Mon May 13, 2024 10:21 pm

Liam22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:57 pm I have an Airbag module with matching side sensors in my garage clearout post.
Thanks for letting me know, but as far as I can tell, the module you are selling isn't compatible with my vehicle.

I'm currently going down the breakers route, but no luck yet.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 13, 2024 10:47 pm

Liam22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:57 pm I have an Airbag module with matching side sensors in my garage clearout post.
Facelift are completely different sadly