Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Closing\Opening roof with Remote Fob not working, even though I have Comfort Package

Discussing the current generation Z4
kammy1975

Closing\Opening roof with Remote Fob not working, even though I have Comfort Package

Post by kammy1975 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:50 pm

Hi all

Appears that my car doesnt have the ability to open or close the roof by pressing and holding the lock\unlock buttons on the remote. Thought it might be coding, but having had a play with Bimmercode, it doesnt appear under any of the options.

Has anyone experienced similar? Dont really want to go down the route of a SmartTop. Is there a specific Option that had to be ticked to have this feature? My car is a 30i 2019 with HK and Heads Up Display, so well specced.

TIA

PSQ777

Post by PSQ777 » Fri May 24, 2024 10:01 am

You need to be stood very close to the car for it to work. Also it is very dependent on the charge in your battery. A 2019 car might need a new battery. You can confirm that it is installed on your car at https://www.mdecoder.com/. You are looking for the Comfort Access entry as per this from my car.
comfort.png
comfort.png (23.74 KiB) Viewed 202 times

kammy1975

Post by kammy1975 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:02 am

Thanks for the reply

I had used mdecoder prior to purchase to ensure it had Comfort Access, which it does. See pic below. I have tried from right next to the car, and no joy. Battery was fully charged last weekend on a conditioner as the Software Update won't install, but that's another issue altogether!

If it was battery dependent, surely the car wouldn't allow you to put the roof up and down (using the switch in the car) with the engine off? I've done this numerous times, and the car has never prompted to start the engine.

Attachments
Screenshot_20240524-235636.png
Screenshot_20240524-235636.png (135.5 KiB) Viewed 172 times

PSQ777

Post by PSQ777 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:53 am

I also have a 2019 model that had odd gremlins... until I had the battery replaced. And now updates install OOTA, all the odd warnings have gone. It's worth getting it checked.

omegabri

Post by omegabri » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:54 pm

Mine had issues once. It turned out that the battery in the key fob needed replacing, and simply didn't have the power/range to communicate with the car. Plus, to operate the roof, you do need to be stood pretty much at the side of the vehicle.
In my mind, it's always better for the car battery for the engine to be running before folding the roof back, so I don't use the key to open the roof......but try just replacing the key fob battery 👍🏻
Daily: 520 M Sport Touring
Fun: G29 M40i Z4