Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EPS Motor removal

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

EPS Motor removal

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 27, 2024 3:16 am

Pabby1980 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:25 am
enuff_zed wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:05 pm
ZeddyTea wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:45 am Hi! I’m new to the forum but also have the EPS issue (light on dash/heavy steering/not working sport button).

I’ve searched through your previous posts, firstly - thank you, very helpful! I can’t PM yet as this is my first post but you mentioned you have a WhatsApp chat with how you’ve just removed the EPS motor rather than the column. Are you able to PM me so I can respond? Happy to donate to forum funds :D
Replied to your PM.
Not home until 2/6, but can forward some info for you.
If you’re anywhere near Norfolk I’m happy to assist.
You can do this yourself and send it off to a company that will guarantee it for life.

It's a bit of a bitch to get to, I'd say 1hr taking it out and 1hr putting it back in.

Cant remember what I paid but it was under £200 for the EPS fix.
He’s done it now. Just the motor, not the whole column!!!
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Aaronz42004

EPS Motor removal

Post by Aaronz42004 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:24 pm

Hi there, I’ve just remove my steering column as I too have issues communicating to the EPS ECU with a yellow light on dash. I’m unsure if there’s a way I can test the motor or ECU unit now it’s off or send it to a company. I’m near diss so just down the road! Any chance I could PM you? Cheers, Aaron

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

EPS Motor removal

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:16 pm

Aaronz42004 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:24 pm Hi there, I’ve just remove my steering column as I too have issues communicating to the EPS ECU with a yellow light on dash. I’m unsure if there’s a way I can test the motor or ECU unit now it’s off or send it to a company. I’m near diss so just down the road! Any chance I could PM you? Cheers, Aaron
Hi Aaron.
Shame you took the whole thing off rather than just the motor but hey ho.
I just hope you didn't yank the column to get it off the intermediate shaft or you may have buggered the bearings in that?
Feel free to PM me if you need help.

EDIT: If you're local, look for the East Anglian BMW Z4 Owners Group on facebook too. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: