Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS: CSL wheels - I have a spare set.

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Blacklines

FS: CSL wheels - I have a spare set.

Post by Blacklines » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:38 pm

I have ended up with 3 sets of CSL wheels. All genuine BMW.

My plan is to use one set day to day. Have some Pilot sports on the 2nd set and sell the 3rd. I will also be selling some standard wheels once I have used up a little more of the tyres.

My question is which do I sell?

Perfect wheels. Brand new in the box? Nearly new wheels with no damage but needing a really good deep clean or the third set with some rim damage - nothing serious?

What is each set worth without tyres?

Curtis

Re: CSL wheels - I have a spare set.

Post by Curtis » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:36 am

They're worth as much as someone's willing to pay! As a rough guide a new set of CSL rims is £1040. Even if yours are brand new and unused you'll have to take a bit less than that for them in a private sale. If I were you I'd sell the new ones, clean up the decent ones for road use and use the cr*p ones for track days.

sixspeed

Re: CSL wheels - I have a spare set.

Post by sixspeed » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 am

If it were me, I'd sell the dirty ones (undamaged). Second hand, they'll probably fetch close to as much as the new wheels (as long as they're not kerbed).

The new ones you can put on now, and have nice clean, shiny wheels. And the kerbed up ones get refurbed in the darker finish (if that's what you want to go for) and use for track day wheels.