Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Big Bear and the SoCalZ's

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Vroomer

Re: Big Bear and the SoCalZ's

Post by Vroomer » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:14 am

fire-n-ice wrote: don't know why you don't like the 'boot' shot...may be more then I know?! :D
Cause I'm standing to the left off camera telling ImZ4n's wife, Robyn to take the pic!!!!! :P :evil:

cya! :driving:

cfmoorejr

Post by cfmoorejr » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:12 pm

Well Bob, I've been trying hard all week :? to figure out how to make this trip to big bear, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen :( :headbang:

We will be at the december run though ....

I am very sorry to report this, but ..... my wife was driving her 05 Z4 and a truck in front of her dropped something large and very solid, and she hit it. :o Oh my god! It was such a bad event .... almost cried when I heard. A lot of damage ....

After I removed what was left of the underpan that was hanging doown and dragging on the road, I got the car to the dealer. Lots of broken plastic - grills, part of the bumper, some painting, and other stuff, and $1400 later, it should be ready tonight after a weeks stay in the infirmary at Steve Thomas BMW (by the way, I recommend them highly.)

How's my wife? It's a BMW - she's fine! She'd say I'm more upset than she is. She was willing to let it sit in the garage for a month or two before getting it fixed. Imagine that? not! I got that car for my wife and I will do anything to keep it in top condition for her.

Someone will probably say where are the pictures .... I just couldn't take a picture of that baby in that condition.
Chuck Moore

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:49 pm

OMG.

Sorry to hear all that. I'm glad Kathy is good to go. We will miss you in Big Bear however, looking forward to seeing you both in Dec.

Bob

SoCalSizzle

Post by SoCalSizzle » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:30 am

Hey Chuck, sorry to hear about Kathy's incident. Glad she's ok. I can advise on bumper repair 8) (hehe).

Sorry gang, but I've got to bug-out of this run as well. In my case, its my kids that are creating the "incident".

Have a great time!!

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:38 am

Oh no cf! So glad to hear your wife is OK though, that's the most important thing of course. I was on I-285 in Atlanta a few months back when a p.u. truck lost a ladder. I ran over a piece of it and it sounded like the bottom fell out. No damage at all but it was unnerving. Best wishes to your wife and the Z.
T.
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:05 am

cfmoorejr, Glad to hear Kathy is Ok. Sorry to hear about the damage. Be sure to post in the Dealer's Feedback section about your experience with the dealership.
Member ZSCCA

Dew's Z4

Post by Dew's Z4 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:34 am

Oh no! I'm glad to hear Kathy is okay, but...the poor car!!!!

Is it going to rain on this drive tomorrow? I've heard it might. I'm not one for driving in the mountains in the rain.....

Anyone in the area know how the weather is going to be? I'm in the desert and it's sunny here :tumbleweed:

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:46 pm

Well, we have had a bit of rain and it is taking it toll. SoCalSizzle and DewsZ4 are out. That leaves three of us. I have no idea what the roads will be in Big Bear. I will pop around and see if I can look at some live cams. I'll check back in a bit.

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Guess what, it's dark up there and the cams do not show much, DUH.

http://www.weatherusa.net/skycamnet/lis ... California

Guess I will check after the sun comes up.

tmachine

Post by tmachine » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:25 pm

Well, it is raining too much for us. We will pass on today's drive. We will see everyone on the December drive if not before.
Bummer, now I have to go to work instead.

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:42 pm

We have had rain twice in 9 months and it needs to rain today. :(

Web Cams are great. A real time look at what is happening where you are headed.

I have been contacted by all and the meet is a cancelled. We will try another day. :driving:

Bob

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:21 pm

I live pretty close to Big Bear and it rained all night... :cry:
But it is a beautiful clear blue sky now that it's morning!...
oh well...next time...
Andrew and Julie

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:30 pm

That sucks the run didn't happen. Sorry to hear about your wifes car cfmoorjr. At least she didn't get hurt.

I almost had myself convinced to go on this trip too.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Aebous wrote:That sucks the run didn't happen. Sorry to hear about your wifes car cfmoorjr. At least she didn't get hurt.

I almost had myself convinced to go on this trip too.
If and anyone was still planning on going ,I would have gone on the drive. Thats another thing I enjoy about the group is that we communicate. :thumbsup:

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:14 pm

One thing with me is if it's the 15th till the 1st i'm more likely to go on a trip as I have more money in the pocketbook at that time. 1st-15th is when all my bills come out.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4