Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DICEin the hole!

petach

DICEin the hole!

Post by petach » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Ran my DICE from the boot to car interior via cubby hole at back of drivers seat.

Cubby hole unclipped
Bottom half removed from cubby rim and neat hole drilled at rear to take wires
Bottom half clipped back on cubby rim
Cubby hole clipped back in
Wire to IPOD at front tucked under tunnel trim

Ta da! Did not use the F word at all, not once!

Live FAST.....die when you can fit it into your busy schedule!

christurbo

Re: DICEin the hole!

Post by christurbo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Good stuff. Can you provide me with what kit you bought, how it integrates, etc.
2005 | E85 | Z4 | 2.5l SE | Black | Beige Oregon Interior | MFSW | BlueTooth | AUX In | Red Out Rear Lights | Smoked Front HL Corners | Carbon Fibre Trim | ZHP //M Gear Knob |
2006 | EP3 | Honda Civic Type R | Premier Edition | Track Prepared |

petach

Re: DICEin the hole!

Post by petach » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:41 pm

The DICE, frankly is bloody irritating and takes a while to get used to. It changes it's mind how to function on a daily basis. However, I use it for my iPod touch and for the aux to connect my Nokia E73 to listen to Spotify. Its the Silverline version. There are better ones to try if you search the forum.

Fitting is easy as you can see, but mine was slightly complicated as the wires I needed to disconnect from multi cdplayer were hidden behind a large metal plate covering the tv tuner.

There is very little functionality you can control on my 2003 Z. It basically runs from your playlist. To do anything else is a royal pain.

In fact, having just written this I am going to the garage right now to kick 7 bells out of the DICE!

It's a bit like being married to the wrong person, you want to change but it incurs extra expense!
Live FAST.....die when you can fit it into your busy schedule!