Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Colt CZ31.5 oil burner.

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
petach

Colt CZ31.5 oil burner.

Post by petach » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Just taken delivery of a M/Bishi Colt 1.5 CZ3 diesel 3 door. Using it as a run about for Mrs Petach and me for work.

It is scarlet, like Red Zed. Looks a nice car with alloys and spoiler.

The astonishing thing is the amount of legs it has for a 3 cylinder 1.5. Get it to 2000 revs and it goes lickety spit with loads of torquey grunt. And it keeps up with traffic on the m/way. I took it from Scrubbs Lane in west London, through rush hour city traffic, onto M11 at Redbridge, then M25 to Brook Street and then A12. Mix of town and motorway returned so far 50mpg.

Its a bit scary in corners as steering is over light with lack of feedback. But other than that, it is like a comfy go-kart.

I got it from Car Giant. its an 08 plate with 15k on the clock, fsh, tax til end of month, immaculate condition apart from a tiny door ding to nearsie. Leather seats, MFSW (ish), manufactures warranty til april 2011.

Makes choices easier in the morning when it comes to that "Hmmmmm the Zed or Mini Me"?

A really peppy car, and if anyone is looking for a cheapish run about, I would highly recommen one. Laughs and economy!

The car Giant experience is worth a thread all on its own. Not in a negative way, but it is like a sausage factory, meat in, skinned, then out again.
Live FAST.....die when you can fit it into your busy schedule!

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Colt CZ31.5 oil burner.

Post by mmm-five » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 pm

So, how cheap was it?

Cheapest I've seen for a 3 door 2008 CZ3 is about £5k, wheras the 5 door can be had for about a grand cheaper.

But then again, I'd probably go for a Polo TDI for £5-6k.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

petach

Re: Colt CZ31.5 oil burner.

Post by petach » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 pm

The Colt was £5.4k. Bear in mind its the diesel. I looked everywhere for same model, similar miles, 6mth dealer wty remaining, 2xservices. I even did a glass guide which gave forecourt price of £6.8k.

I like VW's, but this is so well put together and good looking. Wife had a 1.1 a while ago. It was reliable, no creaks or rattles and felt quite solid. The Polo looks a bit anodyne and vanilla to me.
Live FAST.....die when you can fit it into your busy schedule!