Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Embarrassed ..... by the ADSA man

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
blackredz4

Re: Embarrassed ..... by the ADSA man

Post by blackredz4 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:32 pm

i have a brand new berlingo and it drives like a car and it pretty quick too and on a private motorway will cruise at above 3 figures :wink:

mlester187

Post by mlester187 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:37 pm

BluZiff wrote: Edit: Just had a look though your old posts to find you have a 2.0, transit is probably just quicker :poke:
Hahahahaha. Fantastic comment
2013-present: 2006 Alpina Roadster S Lux #318. Black, Red Leather, usual Alpina Roadster S Lux options.

2010-2011: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0 Si Coupe. Manual. 18" Star Spoke 108 wheels. BMW Individual Ruby Black, Piano Black Interior and Extended Red Leather.

mlester187

Post by mlester187 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 pm

RTDGlobetrotter wrote:
mikedav wrote:
playalistic wrote:Reminds me of the last Hampshire run, we had a transit driver in front of us going through the twisties and some of the chaps in front were having serious trouble keeping up somehow :rofl:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah!! I remember :lol: That transit also pulled off an outrageous overtaking manoeuvre on a Landie that was pootling along. :!:
I was leading the procession at this point and was also keeping an eye on the train behind me. Otherwise, I'd have given chase. Of course!! :driving:

The other day I got dropped on the motorway by an Audi A4 2.0tdi. As I came up behind him at about 75 ish, he pulled over into the middle lane, I dropped a cog or 2 and floored it. As I approached license-ban speeds he was gaining a couple of car lengths on me. The torque of a turbo diesel is hard to compete with!! I'm sure my old company car, Volvo V50 D5, had more pull above 60mph than the Zed.
You can not beat Turbo Diesels for their overtaking power, especially at higher speeds - on private roads of course (",). I also have an e60 535d (this actually has more torque than an e60 M5!!! (413 lb/ft copmpared to 384 in the M5!!). I've had all sorts of cars trying to pull away/overtake me on the motorway, from 330d's to Impreza's to other chavmobiles like Focus RS's. Nothing has ever come anywhere
2013-present: 2006 Alpina Roadster S Lux #318. Black, Red Leather, usual Alpina Roadster S Lux options.

2010-2011: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0 Si Coupe. Manual. 18" Star Spoke 108 wheels. BMW Individual Ruby Black, Piano Black Interior and Extended Red Leather.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:21 pm

+1 for TD torque, my boggo Ford 2.0 TDI gives 240 ft/lbs torque, which I think is more than some of the 3.0 Zed motors...... and my granddad’s lorry had several hundred torques but I can’t say I fancy having a spirited drive and a bit of pub posing in that either.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Robb

Post by Robb » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Oh man this thread is shocking, iv got a sense of pitty for you, driving a bmw sports car and being rinsed by a van delivering shopping.
Go directly to the dealership, do not pass go, hand your keys back in shame.
:oops:

mikedav

Post by mikedav » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Robb wrote:Oh man this thread is shocking, iv got a sense of pitty for you, driving a bmw sports car and being rinsed by a van delivering shopping.
In fairness the 2.0 is about show rather than go. It's roughly on a par with a Mondeo 2.0 TDi in terms of performance.

mason storm

Post by mason storm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:32 pm

This kind of thing does make you wonder what is going on but if you step back and think about it there are a number of things going on.

1) His turbo deisel may have decent torque
2) he may know the road well
3) he may be a better driver
4) he may be a bad driver that is prepared to push too far with no concern for safety ( I have seen many van drivers that are just plain dangerous)
5) you will have more mechanical sympathy for your pride and joy than he will have for a work vehicle
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

Siftah

Post by Siftah » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Robb wrote:Oh man this thread is shocking, iv got a sense of pitty for you, driving a bmw sports car and being rinsed by a van delivering shopping.
I'm with Robb, you're all an embarrassment! :(

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:33 pm

I agree,the van driver probably has less regard for himself or van than u do.
Though,in a 3.0 or an m,u are able to keep well ahead of most vans and rotm cars,but theres always some t**t out there who want to "prove" their 115bhp astra/focus/clio,etc is able to outdo your z! :headbang: .......however.....

I managed to leave such a numpty,in an evo5 (2000 plate),Way behind me,even tho his car is prob faster by around 1second to 60,purely by outsmarting him on approach to/thru a roundabout,etc/so power aint always everything :)
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)