Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heres New My Dailey Driver!! TT quattro S

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
James_G

Re: Heres New My Dailey Driver!! TT quattro S

Post by James_G » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:35 pm

moonigan wrote:I had one of these for a month 12 months ago before buying the Z4M and it was the most underwhelming car I have ever owned. A great car to look at and well put together but thats about it. I was so concerned about the lack of power that I took it to Awsome GTi to put it on the rollers. Turns out it was making more power than standard.

On the upside it was fairly practical because of the hatch and lack of rear seats but my wifes coopers S felt faster and more fun to drive. I think I was maybe expecting more than I should which is why it came and went within a few weeks.
You bought a car and then sold it in a month? Respect. Anyway, for exactly this reason (i.e nothing will match the M experience for thrills) I've just bought this for a daily run around.

This taken after 8 hours with my DA polisher I should point out. It's not quick, it's very imprecise and it's very uncool. But when you are stuck in gridlock traffic most days, it's perfect. Surprisingly thirsty though even for an auto, just 28mpg, but I refuse to have a diesel.
2006 Z4MC, Silver Grey with Red Leather - Sold
2001 Honda Accord SE Executive, Eternal Blue with Black - Soldiering on