Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Switzerland Z4M Coupe

"M" Specific discussion
SwissJonese

Switzerland Z4M Coupe

Post by SwissJonese » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:28 am

Hi all,

Looking through this forum I've gained some useful tips, so thanks.

Been looking at getting a Z4M coupe here in Switzerland for this summer. Drove a Z4M coupe this weekend for a 40minute test drive around some great roads in 24degree sun, great car and that engine is something else (compared to my 330xi the brakes where amazing too). However looking a bit more closely at the documents it seemed the car had missed the cruicial 2000km run-in service (was done at 3200km), then all other services where tipex'd out and re-written in which was bit strange. The car had been with the garage for 6 month (but in Switzerland second hand cars are around a long time anyway). The car also had Yokohama tyres which I have not seen on a Z4M before? Anyway I just get a bad feeling with this car (it was for sale with a Citroen garage) so I am looking at another this weekend although there only seems to be a couple in my price range here, shame.

ga41

Re: Switzerland Z4M Coupe

Post by ga41 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 am

I know i'm going to get flamed for this but PERSONALLY i dont mind if the running in service was done a thousand km later.

The blanking out of the other services is very strange though, did you ask why that was so? For that alone yes i would seek elsewhere....

The tires are less important in the sense that you can always change to something else easily.
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:37 pm

SwissJonese, welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

ChawenHalo

Post by ChawenHalo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:06 pm

If the servicing was done by BMW dealerships ask the Citron garage to get the service computer read out and work that was carried on.

The garage I bought it from did this for me and its very reassuring and shows exactly what was done to the car, its VIN and at what mileage. I was a litle bervous as the car came from Italy and was a bit of a bargain (for Franvce anyway).

Ultimately and as I think everyone on this forum will testify, these Z4M as built like a brick s**t house (pardon my french :D - they're solid and are built for a fair bit of abuse.

The initial service might have been idicated by the on board computer later if the car was driven gently? not sure if it applies for the running in service.

There are however strict conditions:
regular servicing (ins1 & 2)
10w60 oil only.

If the car's got Yokohama track style tyres, it may well have been used a fair bit on the track. I would rather a higher mileage motorway car that a low mileage track toy.
Z4MC. ACS CF diffuser silencers side skits. Pagid RS29 & Goodridge. Gruppe M Bilstein B16PSS10 H&R ARBS. Delage Sport chassis. MPS2. Audi A8 4.2TDI 2008 runabout.