Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car & Key memory Settings

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
mitch

Car & Key memory Settings

Post by mitch » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:04 pm

has anybody got the list of all the options that can be enabled for the Z4 at the dealer ?

I remember seeing it somewhere :headbang:

many thanks and Happy New Year to everyone :D

mitch
2007 BMW Z4M
2005 Alpina Roadster S Lux
2003 BMW Z4 2.5 SE

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Car & Key memory Settings

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:57 pm

This should do you for the 2003 model:

Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:08 pm

Noticed someting interesting there,, my passenger window does not work on one touch facility, seems it has to be set with the key,, I know quite a few have had this problem with the passenger window,, my drivers one is fine.

Thanks for that :D
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

Justinitus

Post by Justinitus » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Mecca Indicator??? Is that some sort of religious compass option?
Regards

Jus

RIP: '06 2.0i Sport, Montego Blue with heated black leather

mitch

Post by mitch » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:32 pm

thanks cj10jeeper -just what I was after

flaps setpoint value correction ? wtf :D

mitch
2007 BMW Z4M
2005 Alpina Roadster S Lux
2003 BMW Z4 2.5 SE

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Didn't realise the doors could automatically lock :) might have to investigate that one....

footwell flap - eh?
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 pm

I was pressed for time when I chucked those scans on the screen.

Basically there are options by car and then for each individual key. The exact choices are dependant upon your individual car and accesories fitted. Looking at my list for instance you can see that key 1 does not lock the doors when driving off but key 2 does (as my wife likes that function)

Mecca, flap setting - who the hell knows what some things do. There is for instance an option that was set when I got the car that bleeped constantly while reverse was engaged. How annoying could that get....

I suggest you go to the dealer and they can print out exactly what you have already got and the options open to you. From there you work down a tick list of what you want.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Mine auto locks the doors when moving off - don't they all? :o
Silver Grey 2007 Z4MR which needs to be driven more :evil: :P :cool: :D :thumbsup:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:53 am

Justinitus wrote:Mecca Indicator??? Is that some sort of religious compass option?
I would think so as there are cell phones today that have Mecca direction Indicators and alarms to alert you to prayer times...
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:40 am

Adam D wrote:Mine auto locks the doors when moving off - don't they all? :o
No it's a selectable setting for each individual key. :)

You can also have it open just the drivers door on one key blip and passenger on the second, or both together.

Actually Zeds are a bit weak in key controls compared with the X5 (and probably other top end models). You can open/close sunroofs, windows, set the radio, aircon, mirrors, etc. etc.

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:16 pm

WLH wrote:
Justinitus wrote:Mecca Indicator??? Is that some sort of religious compass option?
I would think so as there are cell phones today that have Mecca direction Indicators and alarms to alert you to prayer times...
Correct, found this on a search...
BMW Group Middle East is the first premium car manufacturer in the Middle East to introduce the arrow to Qiblah in Mecca in BMW navigation systems, operational from March 2007.

‘We have realised the changing needs of many of our customers in the Middle East, whose busy lifestyles mean they are spending more time on the roads travelling between one city to the other,’ said Guenther Seemann, Managing Director, BMW Group Middle East.

‘BMW constantly leads through technology and innovation, and being the first car manufacturer to provide the arrow to Qiblah in Mecca proves once again that our customers come first.’

Consistently looking towards the future, BMW is renowned for delivering ultimate customer satisfaction through innovations in technology and service.

The arrow towards Qiblah in Mecca will be available in the BMW 7 Series, X3, Z4, Z4 Coupe and MINI Cabrio from March 2007, and will also be available for RetroFit in the existing BMW 7 Series, BMW X5, BMW 3 Series and MINI models Unfortunately, plans to introduce a similar concept to vehicle models in the UK have not been released, but perhaps with enough enquiries from customers, things may change in the future.

dazerc

Post by dazerc » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Anyone have an upto date list of options available?
Is there any other way I can change the options myself? or could an independant BMW garage do it?

On my wifes BMW 1 series you can change options like unlocking doors on turn off, autolocking of doors.
Z4 Coupe 3.0 si Satnav, Bluetooth, Voice + Cruise Control, Black leather M Seats , xeneon lights, auto lights/wipers, 18" 108 alloys, M multifunction steering wheel, DS 2500 pads.

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:21 pm

any independant with the kit can do it :D

no way I know of to do it yourself without the relevant kit etc.
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

Gremlin500

Post by Gremlin500 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:14 am

Wondermike wrote:
WLH wrote:
Correct, found this on a search...
BMW Group Middle East is the first premium car manufacturer in the Middle East to introduce the arrow to Qiblah in Mecca in BMW navigation systems, operational from March 2007.

‘We have realised the changing needs of many of our customers in the Middle East, whose busy lifestyles mean they are spending more time on the roads travelling between one city to the other,’ said Guenther Seemann, Managing Director, BMW Group Middle East.

‘BMW constantly leads through technology and innovation, and being the first car manufacturer to provide the arrow to Qiblah in Mecca proves once again that our customers come first.’

Consistently looking towards the future, BMW is renowned for delivering ultimate customer satisfaction through innovations in technology and service.

The arrow towards Qiblah in Mecca will be available in the BMW 7 Series, X3, Z4, Z4 Coupe and MINI Cabrio from March 2007, and will also be available for RetroFit in the existing BMW 7 Series, BMW X5, BMW 3 Series and MINI models Unfortunately, plans to introduce a similar concept to vehicle models in the UK have not been released, but perhaps with enough enquiries from customers, things may change in the future.
Um, so nothing to do with Bingo, as I thought? :?