Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Never made the Ferry :(

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
mason storm

Never made the Ferry :(

Post by mason storm » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Well time for my road trip last Saturday and I came down with a horrible cold, which meant there was no way i could safely drive. Finally started to feel better Monday/Tuesday and considered doing a shorter version of my original trip but didn't really want to do this and decided to keep the cash and do it another time.

As I had the week off I decided to do a mini road trip through the Peak district and Yorkshire dales Weds/Thursday as this was the best weather forecast this week. Day 1 was Ok but weather not great and some of the roads I chose were not all that. Day 2 however was fantastic I found a couple of fantastic roads by accident on the way to another road the B6108 and B6270 from Richmond to Reeth with a mixture of decent straights and lots of twisties. Then went back doen to do Snake Pass in the Peak district as the previous day's traffic and weather mean I didn't get a good run. This time found some excellent roads on the way there and had a bit of fun with an SLK AMG Roadster(sounded great). But I couldn;t keep up with him, he was alot braver than me, and obviously alot faster in the straights.

I deffinately want to go back as load more roads to explore and it's only 2 1/2 to 3 hours from home.
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

mason storm

Re: Never made the Ferry :(

Post by mason storm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Here's a couple of pics

Last edited by mason storm on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

Wondermike

Re: Never made the Ferry :(

Post by Wondermike » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Coupe looks great in these shots :thumbsup:

Shame about missing the Europe trip.