Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Breakdown Cover (including Europe)

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
Marco

Re: Breakdown Cover (including Europe)

Post by Marco » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 pm

I have to say thanks for all the great information, I'm so impressed with the depth of knowledge on this forum! Anybody had any experience in using the BMW breakdown cover (specifically abroad)?

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 pm

roofless wrote:Perhaps a moderator could move this to the Roadtrip section please, i think it would be a useful thread there ? :thumbsup:
Yes good idea.

roofless

Post by roofless » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:53 am

Marco, you seem to be anticipating a failure as a given on your road trip :P
Take the plunge, plan the route book your ferry ticket and go :driving:
You'll love it, if the experiences of others on the forum are anything to go by the question of who is the best breakdown recoverer will never be an issue: ah now i've probably cursed it :headbang:
But hey it's not exactly living dangerously unless your planning to spend 2 weeks driving in Falujah :o
Your next task is to start a thread with your intended route on :thumbsup: :D
PS in the Roadtrip section :)

PPS Thanks wondermike :thumbsup:
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:07 am

roofless wrote:Marco, you seem to be anticipating a failure as a given on your road trip :P
Take the plunge, plan the route book your ferry ticket and go :driving:
You'll love it, if the experiences of others on the forum are anything to go by the question of who is the best breakdown recoverer will never be an issue: ah now i've probably cursed it :headbang:
But hey it's not exactly living dangerously unless your planning to spend 2 weeks driving in Falujah :o
Your next task is to start a thread with your intended route on :thumbsup: :D
PS in the Roadtrip section :)

PPS Thanks wondermike :thumbsup:

Although I agree there's very little chance of a problem, I think I would make sure I am covered too, better be safe than sorry

roofless

Post by roofless » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:24 am

Taz x wrote: Although I agree there's very little chance of a problem, I think I would make sure I am covered too, better be safe than sorry
Apologies if i made it sound like i was saying go and don't get cover, just meant pick some cover and go :)
Before i had BMW warranty cover i used to just buy AA cover at the ferry terminal on the way through, or just over the phone, i would always have euro break down cover :thumbsup:
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

Marco

Post by Marco » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks "roofless" - you are right, too much planning and too little doing leads to no fun! That's my problem, never been a risk-taker......I'm working on it though :D

I will start a new thread as now I need ideas of where to go and any good road recommendations, and I'm sure there will be many!

Thanks again everyone for the advice.......

roofless

Post by roofless » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Pawnsacrifice did some excellent work collating threads for the start of the roadtrips section.
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 36&t=25591

There's loads of great pics and routes mentioned, plenty of inspiration to get the juices flowing.

Look forwards to seeing how your trip comes together :thumbsup: :driving:

MalcZ4

Post by MalcZ4 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:32 pm

If your car is an "approved used" car bought from a BMW dealer, then European brake-down & recovery is included for 12 months.

I did phone up BMW to confirm this was indeed the case with my car, before I set off on my trip this summer.