Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Finally, I'm back with pics...

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Bimmerbri

Re: Finally, I'm back with pics...

Post by Bimmerbri » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:31 am

Very cool...How does that thing ride? I have heard that they handle like they are on rails but very harsh for a daily driver, Sexy car none the less. Congrats on raising a cool kid.
2007 3.0Si w/sport package

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:43 am

1stKnight wrote: Not to mention he is also a 2nd LT XO, in the Army Reserve (proud parent speaking). Nevertheless, I know that exotic cars are his passion and photography is his hobby…
Congratulations on raising a fine son :thumbsup: He does very well with the photography and could possibly earn a few dollars on the side to help pay for the gas in his other addiction :D
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:56 am

Yummy... very nice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

1stKnight

Post by 1stKnight » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 am

Bimmerbri wrote:Very cool...How does that thing ride? I have heard that they handle like they are on rails but very harsh for a daily driver, Sexy car none the less. Congrats on raising a cool kid.
The car does ride hard, but handles extremely well. Yeah, you can feel a small pebble on the road, and because of the harsh ride, he got an S2000 for his daily driver.

Anyways, one time my son had taken me to an area down here in San Diego called Julian, and the route up to the town had very many switchbacks. I honestly have to say, at the +speeds that he was driving, the Elise on very tight turns was practically "glued" to the ground. Believe me, my blood pressure and heart rate must have been off the scale :o ...It also seemed like he enjoyed scaring the Sh#%, out of me.

From what I know of his car, he had modified the suspension to Sachs Single Adjustable Coilovers. Also, for me, always getting in and out of his car was a B#$tch.

All in all, driving through twisty roads was fun, and my son and I plan to go back up to Julian, and I plan on driving my Z4, following him casually and cautiously... :driving: LOL

Also, Thanks for the compliments with my son, so far he's been a good young man :thumbsup: ...
Last edited by 1stKnight on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 SMG DINAN S1- Stage 3 Suspension & Engine Software

OH FO SHO

Post by OH FO SHO » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:26 am

nice pics! the lotus is WOW :thumbsup:
'03 3.0i z4: tiag ext., red int., SMG, sport, premium
HAMANN exhaust l HAMANN front lip l 19" Miro type 366 (HAMANN edition race replicas) l RPI air scoop l KW v2 coilovers

1stKnight

Post by 1stKnight » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:38 am

OH FO SHO wrote:nice pics! the lotus is WOW :thumbsup:
Salamat!

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:31 am

Wonderfull pics - of both cars :thumbsup:
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

GP20

Post by GP20 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:54 pm

1stKnight wrote:Image
Really just displays the flame-surfacing so well! Nice BBS RX's. :thumbsup:
'08 BMW Z4///MC 18" & 19" BBS RGR's|Michelin PSS'|TCK DA's 450/500|OEM CF spoiler|Aero side-skirts|ZHP gear-knob|OEM STB|
'06 BMW Z4///MR (sold)
'04 BMW Z4 3.0i 6sp SMG (lemon)
'03 BMW Z4 2.5i non-sport (sold)

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:49 pm

How the hell did I miss this thread? :scratchhead: Outstanding pics 1stKnight, and where did you get those extra storage pockets in the trunk of your Z? I love them, you could store lots of neat goodies in there Image
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

1stKnight

Post by 1stKnight » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:08 pm

fire-n-ice wrote:How the hell did I miss this thread? :scratchhead: Outstanding pics 1stKnight, and where did you get those extra storage pockets in the trunk of your Z? I love them, you could store lots of neat goodies in there Image
LOL, I guess being a newbie no one really notices you for awhile.... :roll:

Anyways, I picked up the OEM "Trunk Storage System" from the Dealership, Part no. 82110152597 for $119.00. It is truly made with quality materials, and easily fastens to the existing holes already in the deck lid. It is durable and strong. I have put some of my car cleaning stuff in the pockets. I like it!....and,"Thanks" for the compliments on the pics.... :D

Bimmerbri

Post by Bimmerbri » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:28 am

1stKnight wrote:
fire-n-ice wrote:How the hell did I miss this thread? :scratchhead: Outstanding pics 1stKnight, and where did you get those extra storage pockets in the trunk of your Z? I love them, you could store lots of neat goodies in there Image
LOL, I guess being a newbie no one really notices you for awhile.... :roll:

Anyways, I picked up the OEM "Trunk Storage System" from the Dealership, Part no. 82110152597 for $119.00. It is truly made with quality materials, and easily fastens to the existing holes already in the deck lid. It is durable and strong. I have put some of my car cleaning stuff in the pockets. I like it!....and,"Thanks" for the compliments on the pics.... :D
I have considered purchasing the trunk storage system but did not know what I would put in there other than the car manuals. What else do you store in there?
2007 3.0Si w/sport package