Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My Tyres...

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
RichardG

My Tyres...

Post by RichardG » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:09 pm

So who's used My Tyres in the past?
What was their service like?
I have ordered some tyres through them and just wondered how long they took to arrive, when the order confirmation came through it said they would send an email when the tyres left the wharehouse.
I emailed them yesterday for an update and to double check the tyres were in stock and have as yet to hear anything back, I'm not in a great rush for them but would like to ensure they are there for 19th Dec.
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: My Tyres...

Post by mmm-five » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:10 pm

When I've ordered they've arrived in 2-3 days, but I have heard people having their's delayed when MyTyres have been asked to verify identity of the buyer, which means they have to ask you to fax/scan/email ID to them. Not happened to me though in 5 years, but their prices aren't as good as they used to be, so I tend to get mine from Costco or Camskill.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Cheers mmm-five, blinkin typical no contact from them, try ringing them can't get through, make this post, go to the gym get back and I have and email saying the tyres will be delivered next week.
Looked at camskill they did'nt have the Falkne winter tyres I was after.
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:42 pm

I used openeo for my winters, excellent service and arrived a few days after order
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:08 pm

sars wrote:I used openeo for my winters, excellent service and arrived a few days after order
Same experience, good price as well.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

maxman

Post by maxman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 pm

I used them earlier on this year,the tyres took about four days to arrive at the fitting centre.
I would use them again.

holeshot

Post by holeshot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Have used Mytyres several times over the years and no issues to report, always at great prices too.
Z4 Roadster 2.2se Maldives Blue Black M Sport Heated Seats M Sport Suspension OTH+R

cj_eds

Post by cj_eds » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Bought my winter Avon's from mytyres and I got a similar email that they'd email when dispatched. It took about a month to get that email from them even after I contacted them twice to hurry things up.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:37 am

cj_eds wrote:Bought my winter Avon's from mytyres and I got a similar email that they'd email when dispatched. It took about a month to get that email from them even after I contacted them twice to hurry things up.
My Avons took about 3 weeks from mytyres... Irritating, but the did respond to my emails asking for info. One of the fitters I spoke to said that mytyres was the only place that they could get winters at one point, so perhaps they have prioritised direct / fitter orders o the detriment of ordinary punters like us ? I am happy with the tyres, and the convenience of picking a fitter to have them delivered to worked for me, but will try somewhere else next time.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

geepee

Post by geepee » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Ordered my winter Falkens from MyTyres on the 10th Oct, got a confirmation on the 11th, tyres delivered on the 13th.
Couldn't fault them.

teamemmenracing

Post by teamemmenracing » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:09 pm

I used MyTyres last year for winter tyres for my '98 range rover .....
no one in the UK could supply ......

they delivered within 48 hrs from Germany ....... :thumbsup:
"........it seemed like a good idea at the time yer honour ......"

BMW Z4 - A Big Red One

a11y
Lifer
Lifer

Post by a11y » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:39 pm

I've never had a problem with them but I know several people who have.

Actually, the problem I did have is with their "fitting partners" - you can pay mytyres for the fitting too and all you do is turn up at your nominated local garage where your tyres will have been delivered to. However, the majority of garages listed onthe mytyres site knew nothing about this arrangement when I queried them, very dodgy as they'd said they'd refuse delivery of the tyres and send them back to mytyres.
::::: e90 330i M Sport :::::

Bradders75

Post by Bradders75 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 pm

a11y wrote:I've never had a problem with them but I know several people who have.

Actually, the problem I did have is with their "fitting partners" - you can pay mytyres for the fitting too and all you do is turn up at your nominated local garage where your tyres will have been delivered to. However, the majority of garages listed onthe mytyres site knew nothing about this arrangement when I queried them, very dodgy as they'd said they'd refuse delivery of the tyres and send them back to mytyres.
Wow, very dodgy indeed. I always use Black Circles via a fitting partner and the whole system works like clockwork - usually ordered and fitted next day.
2003 Z4 3.0i SE | nav / cruise / PDC / bluetooth / ellipsoids / xenons / clear indicators / m-sport seats / m-sport MFSW / ZHP / intravee |

2014 F56 MINI Cooper S | for bends |

2016 F20 M135i | for straights |

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:46 pm

I used Mytyres for my winters last year, great service.

I got the email about the card verification and put in a pre-emptive call as they were being delivered to a different address, but this wasn't an issue. They took about a week to arrive as they came from Germany, but I think that's how they get the prices they do... and the stock, everyone else was out at the time.
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.