Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Trackaction-Online at Oulton Park March 1st 2013

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Steve H

Trackaction-Online at Oulton Park March 1st 2013

Post by Steve H » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 am

It's time to start looking forward to the 2013 trackday season and as usual we will be opening it up with our club day at Oulton Park.

Friday March 1st is the date and we've held the same price as 2012 so it's £130 for open pitlane on the full International Circuit. If you book using the code Z4 in the comments box you will also be entered into our draw for free places, one in every five that books with this code will get their money back!

We will be sticking with the usual numbers which should mean no queuing (red flags permitting!) and free tuition will be available from our team of ARDS instructors.

For any of you that haven't been on our days before, we run just two or three trackdays a year working with other clubs and forums and the emphasis is a friendly day with plenty of track time (many thanks to the mods on here for allowing us to post our days up, we couldn't do it without your help :cool:).

Suitable for novices, regular track monkeys and everyone in-between, these days usually fill well in advance so early booking is recommended, once it's full, it's full!

Bookings can be made HERE, makes a great xmas pressie or if you miss out for xmas you'll just have to book it yourself!

Look forward to seeing you there for the start of a great 2013.

Steve H

A few snaps from our last one in November -

Finisterre

Re: Trackaction-Online at Oulton Park March 1st 2013

Post by Finisterre » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:20 pm

The site doesn't mention insurance very prominently if at all.
who pays if I end up with dented car or a snapped spine?
E85 2.0. + E39 530i touring.

Steve H

Post by Steve H » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Trackday insurance is available as your own option, it would cover damage to your car. Indemnities are in place which pretty much say you can't chase anyone else for anything that happens on track.

Car to car incidents are extremely rare (as are snapped spines :cry: ), most incidents involve one car losing control on it's own, this is generally down to the driver and very often it's possible to tell early in the day which drivers will be crashing at some stage :wink: .

Finisterre

Post by Finisterre » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks Steve,
so long a slow is acceptable, I am tempted to buy the Mrs a day out with some instruction as a prezzie.
I will have to check her school''s term times.

Can you recommend any particular insurance provider, is it expensive?
Last edited by Finisterre on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E85 2.0. + E39 530i touring.

Steve H

Post by Steve H » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Usually about £100 a day for insurance I think but a lot would depend on the value you wanted to cover.

CCI do trackday cover, you can get them on 0115 934 7103.

No problem with drivers that are at the slower end of the spectrum so long as they keep an eye on their mirrors and let cars pass when appropriate.