Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My 2013 Road Trip, Highlands to Kent

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
lewist

My 2013 Road Trip, Highlands to Kent

Post by lewist » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Having bought my Z4 last October I decided it was time to head for the open road, so I decided to visit friends and family, some of whom had a part in my buying the Z, influenced me or sowed ideas in my mind.

Day one of the great BMW Z4 road trip is at an end. Two stages today, Kincraig to Dundee over Drumochter Pass, through Dunkeld and Coupar Angus. Then it was Dundee to Linlithgow, up the Carse of Gowrie, over Glen Farg on the motorway, south to the Forth Bridge and then to Linlithgow. I had the top down all the way even though it drizzled a bit, and was warm and comfortable.

The Dundee stop for lunch was at my cousin's. Her husband has owned some interesting cars over the years including an MGC and a Reliant Scimitar. Now he has an MGF, a chance purchase that is proving successful without being a flying machine. We had a pleasant lunch and talked cars and grandchildren.

My Z is very dirty. I put new front tyres on it before setting out, replacing the Bridgestone originals with Michelin runflats. The car is totally different to drive. It's wonderful.

Pictures tomorrow.
Carpe Diem; savour every moment.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: My 2013 Road Trip, Highlands to Kent

Post by Bing » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:19 am

Enjoy the trip. Sounds like you are taking it nice and easy :thumbsup:

Where are you heading for in Kent ? And if you are here on the 28th, join us on the Kent Cruise 8)
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

lewist

Post by lewist » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Oh Bing! That sounds good. Sadly I'll be well back at work by then.

Day 2 was Linlithgow to Copmanthorpe near York. I left Linlithgow at 11.30am and went where the Satnag told me, M9 - M74 - M6 - A66 - then A1 and off to York. The Z goes wonderfully well, sweetly burbling along. Waved to another Z near Brough. Kept the roof up; roof down on the motorway is too noisy. Stopped at Annandale for lunch and fuel (dearer than Aviemore and no local discount) and got to Nephew's house at 4.30. Pics soon!
Carpe Diem; savour every moment.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Wed May 01, 2013 9:37 pm

lewist wrote:Pictures tomorrow.
Liar!
lewist wrote:Pics soon!
And again! :poke: :D
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Wed May 01, 2013 9:43 pm

MrPT wrote:
lewist wrote:Pictures tomorrow.
Liar!
lewist wrote:Pics soon!
And again! :poke: :D
:lol: :poke: :worthless: