Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Semi Auto Options

First port of call for new members
Rusky

Semi Auto Options

Post by Rusky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Hello All

Had a bit of a play this weekend and realized something new (well to me anyway) So this is what i found:

1. Car drives in D fully automatic - this i did know!
2. Push the gear stick over to the left, car now drives in semi auto, use the paddles or the gear stick to change gear - lots of fun but this i also knew!
3. Car in D, now use paddles -semi auto - come to a complete stop and car drops back into D fully auto ready for the off again!! - This i didnt know.

Now for a question i have just thought of but cant answer as my car is in the car park, Can i select Neutral from the paddles??

All answers even cynical ones welcome.
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

simvaughan1

Re: Semi Auto Options

Post by simvaughan1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Not sure about the Z, but from experience of other cars, no, probably can't select neutral from paddles, otherwise you could lose drive whilst trying to hammer it :D

Black Sapphire3.0i, Xenons, Heated M-Sport seats, Multi-Function Steering Wheel, 107 Alloys, Park Sensors, and Cruise Control!

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Hmmm was just a thought, did drive a Ferrari 355 once and you could engage neutral with that by pulling in both paddles.
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Nope, not possible. It is however possible to put the car into neutral when driving if you rest your hand on the stick and try to change gear in full auto... Forgetting you've not put it in manual again after having reversed :oops:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:47 pm

lol, oops :driving: :rofl:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Yup, wasn't going fast but sounded like a right tw@t when the engine howled and I went absolutely nowhere :lol:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...