Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CONVERTIBLE TOP

First port of call for new members
COWGIRL-Z

CONVERTIBLE TOP

Post by COWGIRL-Z » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

PLZZZZZZZ HELPPPPPP!!! Can anyone help me with troubleshooting convertible top and a list of things I should check 1st???? (Easiest to hardest)....I can't get the darn thing to close! I had hydraulic issues 4 years ago but it was under warranty then... I cannot afford to take this to a BMW dealership ... I am a widow raising my boys and don't want to miss something obvious that could save me a lot of $$$...this car is my only guilty pleasure other than my tractor and I wanna be able to keep them both! :roll: :roll:

Derby Z4

Re: CONVERTIBLE TOP

Post by Derby Z4 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:42 am

Hello COWGIRL-Z,you can raise the roof manually if you look in your handbook if you are in a fix.I haven't tried it and I hope I don't have too.
If I knew where my handbook was,I would give you instructions on how to get it up !
When the British forum members wake up with more knowledge,you will soon have an answer to your problems :thumbsup:

...KEEP CALM..
...AND KEEP...
....RIDING.....
..COWGIRL-Z..

benlumley

Post by benlumley » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:06 am

If you look in the boot, at the top left, right in front of the opening, there's a red handle. If you pull it out and then rotate it 90 degrees to lock it in place, it'll disengage the hydraulics and you can raise/lower the roof manually, and then latch it in at the top with the button (assuming that still works - if not, you can use an allen key to lock it in)

Can you tell us what happens when you press the button? Does the latching mechanism work? Does the motor whirr/make the usual noise it makes when the roof is moving? What lights show next to the button?
06 Black 3.0si Roadster

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Does it open OK?
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue