Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Was that the CD changer cable?

Dog Biscuit

Was that the CD changer cable?

Post by Dog Biscuit » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:16 am

Earlier I removed the boot carpet to find the pass key located on the bluetooth unit.

Thinking back, further along that same back wall, right of centre, half way up was a cable and connector heading in to the car.

Would this be the fabled CD changer connection (as I have that unit in the centre console)?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
3.0i SE Sterling / Black, Go Faster (Sport) Button, M Sport seats, 107s, Xenons, Dice Mediabridge 1500, MFSW, Cruise, Bluetooth, DSP, LEDs etc...

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Was that the CD changer cable?

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:40 am

You'd need to find two connectors, one for the iBus and one for the audio. Depending upon the age and whether you have DSP it's possible that one will be a co-axial cable (although I've only ever seen a normal wire connection)

The cables normally come out of the main wiring bundle close to the centre.
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Dog Biscuit

Re: Was that the CD changer cable?

Post by Dog Biscuit » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:You'd need to find two connectors, one for the iBus and one for the audio. Depending upon the age and whether you have DSP it's possible that one will be a co-axial cable (although I've only ever seen a normal wire connection)

The cables normally come out of the main wiring bundle close to the centre.
Thanks Stuart - am familiarising myself with the car :thumbsup:
3.0i SE Sterling / Black, Go Faster (Sport) Button, M Sport seats, 107s, Xenons, Dice Mediabridge 1500, MFSW, Cruise, Bluetooth, DSP, LEDs etc...