Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello from a convert !

First port of call for new members
RobW

Re: Hello from a convert !

Post by RobW » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Time for a quick update:

Bought a 3.0 se, the car ticked the box's and the deal felt right.

Two weeks in and just over two thousand miles and i still can't stop smiling, grinning and yes the childish yelps that come straight after wow i got around that corner quick, and bugger me that was childishly funny lets turn around and do it again are still coming.

I'm very lucky in that I live on the edge of the North York Moors :-) and i'm spoilt for great roads :) :driving: I finished my tea tonight about 6:30 looked at the wife and said Whitby she smiled and off we pop, just returned now. This is a huge difference from the bikes, where I would have had to pull the machine out, leathers on etc freeze my nuts off as the sun was starting to loose its warmth and the revelation I can still have fun when its getting dark and stay warm at the same time.

Booked accommodation for the start of May, ( 5 days in Scotland) up to Fort William via Kielder, Peebles, Inveraray then Isle of Sky, Applecross, Ullapool -Cape Wrath Durness, Wick, Inverness- Fort Augustus then back down. Done this route a fair few times on a bike and can't wait to try it in the car :D

I'm a happy chap these days :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rob

andya1

Post by andya1 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi Rob and welcome :thumbsup: great choice of car the 3.0 is special isn't it, I am a recent new owner I got a 3.0si and just adore it. Your trip sounds fantastic we love Scotland, we live in Stamford Bridge York and often go across to Sandsend beach with our dog then go to the Lion Inn on Blakey ridge which I am sure you will know, it's rough and ready but they serve a nice ham sandwich and beer :) We love driving on those moors and the trip to the Lion via Hutton-Le-Hole is spectacular on a sunny day foot down 8) Whereabouts are you based?

Andy

RobW

Post by RobW » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi Andy,

Tried posting a few times and seem to be getting it wrong.

I'm at New Marske near Guisborough, know your neck of the woods quite well, we used to have a static at Tollerton many years ago.

I did the Blakey Ridge road the other night, returned on the Helmsley - Stokesley road, no traffic and the sun was out, doesn't get much better :D

Rob