Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windscreen Seals

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
SUUNTOBOB

Re: Windscreen Seals

Post by SUUNTOBOB » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:03 am

Glassman wrote:
SUUNTOBOB wrote:Ok

Judging by how many people have had the same problem maybe the Windscreen companies will start to fit the proper seal to save all this time and effort.
Most people want the cheapest insurance.

All insurance companies want to provide the best deal. In order to compete, they'll look to 'approve' one company - one which will provide them with the cheapest deal.

The big windscreen companies want ^^ those ^^ contracts. In order to compete, they will use cheaper parts (or even leave some out!) so they'll look for a cheaper manufacturer and then tell the public that the parts are 'OEM standard'.

Meanwhile, the car owner just wants a cheap insurance deal.

The downside does not become apparent until there is a claim scenario. Until then, everyone gets what they want.
Unfortunately you are right, for one moment there I had an attack of common sense.
Z4 Roadster 3.0Si gone :( :(
325 SE Auto Steptronic E90 gone :( :(

Glassman

Post by Glassman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:05 am

:rofl:

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 pm

Just booked mine in with autoglass for next Sunday.

We'll see what they turn up with r.e trim. The one on there currently is only 18 months old, so may just get them to re-use it as it's a proper bmw one.

I didn't speak to the call centre guy about the trim as he's probably have no idea about it, but will make sure the fitter knows of my previous issue regarding the pattern part one I had before.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.