Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DA Polisher Kit & advice for a Newbie

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Needanothercoupe

Post by Needanothercoupe » Fri May 08, 2020 10:15 am

Ed Doe wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 pm Hi guys,

Hoping the detailing gurus on here might be able to help me with recommendations (and hopefully links too!) to a good starter DA Polisher Kit/Pads/compounds/waxes, as well as any advice/pro-tips for a bit of a newbie in this department!!
That looks lovely, I have that colour. My old z had similar coloured wheels and on my 600+ mile drive in the van working yesterday was thinking about embarking on cleaning mine as it has swirls etc but I’d be doing it by hand I know it won’t work properly but surely will improve it
Bit of background - the car has at some point in the last ~4years had a fair chunk of money spent by previous owner on a proper professional detail & ceramic coating, however the last owner before me appears to have subsequently washed it with a sandy sponge - it's swirl central - and this is particularly obvious being that it's a dark-coloured car!

I am not looking for absolute perfection - I drive the car and use it hard, it certainly isn't a councours example or a show-queen, but with this pesky (but necessary) lock-down only set to continue, it would be nice to address the paint and try and correct it as much as possible whilst I cannot drive it!

Do I need any specific compounds/pads to remove the ceramic coating & cut back the swirls? Is my life going to be made a lot harder by the ceramic coating? Any pro-tips gladly welcomed from those who actually know a thing or two about this stuff! :lol:

Pic (with forgiving lense/lighting) for Attention!

IMG_20190803_122204.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Ed

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Fri May 08, 2020 10:36 am

Looks fantastic! Great job :thumbsup:

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Sat May 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:23 am Nice, those wheels look absolutely spot on, probably my favourite wheel for the MC, do you have spacers on them?
Thanks for all the nice comments chaps! I'm not big into detailing but have to say it was rather satisfying, and really chuffed with the end result!

Angelus thanks man, I love them too! no spacers - the specs are: Apex EC7 18x8.5 ET35 front and 18x10 ET25 rear. Kinda wish the fronts were 9j just for a bit more concave but heyho!

Also been a little tempted to refurb them in a dark gold colour similar to the lotus gold... Would rather spend the money on trackdays when they finally reopen though.
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, Supersprint, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:30 am

Those in gold would look awesome....with the right sunlight hitting the blue metallic spec it would look Clio Williams esq