Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What HC is all about...

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Re: What HC is all about...

Post by ovrkll » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:22 am

Not that one, had the trap speed sign hung in the rear of it. :) You can see the Z's returning down the strip for the next run.
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:50 am

The next day we went to be in the historic panoramic photo. There were 600 Z3/Z4's in HC 07 pano shot, or so they say. As of today Sept 8th, I don't have my copy yet. When I do get it I will count every Z in the photo. It takes 5 minutes for the 1930 circa camera to go from the left side to the right side. The camera dude takes 2 shots hoping that one of them comes out better than a Kodak Brownie. It better because I paid him $50 for a copy. I will know which one came out because in the first take I wore my sunglasses the other I didn't. Clever huh?

Lessee....if the photographer charges $50 each postage included and sells say roughly 500 of them, ummm....he nets a tidy sum. He is much more clever than I am.

Here is my pic of some of the participants...my camera isn't 1930's technology so I can only get 50 or so. Ovrkll and I left the hotel at 5:30am. We wanted to get closer to the camera so we don't look like a small bug in the photo. Unless one is very close, we all look like bugs. Some bugs might have sunglasses on, some won't.

Before I forget, here is a picture of the coveted Official BMW Performance Driving School pen. I got one from a dude in the Lifestyles boutique on friday. I stole 2 more and couldn't find anymore. I even had one of the event people looking for me. None left. I wanted these so no one else would have the rights to say they owned one. Selfish act that I am quite proud of actually. :evil:

I have some other pics taken at the pano shoot, they will be posted later in another thread...

Okay, now back to the mesmurizing action pics:

Here is Vendor alley...not much to look at since BMW Mfg is gouging the crap out of anyone that wants to set up a booth. LeatherZ and a few others really make this worthwhile, otherwise it ain't worth diddly.

Here is a photo of a Z3 engine compartment, the driver that has no life:
Here you see Ovrkll getting his Dinan strut tower brace installed. Minutes earlier the same guy was commenting on how he just spent a load of $ at LeatherZ. Then he goes and gets this. His wife will be neutering him any day now.
Meanwhile, I went to the BMW Zentrum and took a few unedited arty-type shots.

I have a few from the Saturday banquet but they are either way too ordinary :tumbleweed: or suck, so I won't post them.

All in all great fun...the best fun came with we all took our clothes off in the Verdae Room bar. Wait, that was last year..sorry no pics.

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:58 am

20ducks wrote:
2 Zero wrote:ZIP??
Yeah....nada. They weren't impressed with the German vehicles in da haus.

2000 7 Series
2006 Z4
North to South view
South to North view

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:52 pm

BTW, for those who may not get it, my comments regarding the Homecoming 07 photos I posted are all in jest. :P

2 Zero
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2 Zero » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:35 pm

20ducks wrote:BTW, for those who may not get it, my comments regarding the Homecoming 07 photos I posted are all in jest. :P

In Jest?? All seemed accurate to me.

Except the running around naked last year part.

I was there this year and a lot of nekkedness was had by all!
Out driving my car!!
See ya on the road!!

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:01 am

Great write up & pics :thumbsup:

Z4play

Post by Z4play » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:12 am

Excellent. My wife had to come to the office to see why I was laughing. :)

2 Zero
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2 Zero » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:15 am

I saw a write up on BMWCCA website with some cool pictures.

http://www.bmwcca.org/node/9404
Out driving my car!!
See ya on the road!!

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:01 am

Well,

When the beer ran out one of us was drinking scotch, one drinking vodka, and only one drinking beer. Keep in mind that real men drink beer. :thumbsup: :poke:

Want the shirt off my back, I'll give it to some people, who qualify. ( never thought it would be a guy ) :roll:

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:42 am

What a great write up Ducks, I'm impressed with your detailed descriptions :smart: . I'm looking forward to next year oh and...I'm STILL waiting for my naked Z pics, you promised!... :rtfm:
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"