Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

19" Atomic CSL Reps with PS4S Rubber

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Penelope

Post by Penelope » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Ilogik wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:08 pm Glad you got the wheels Penelope, how come you didn't go for the et35 rears in the end?

So jealous of this colour, really nice combo with the red seats too.
I just went with the advice from BMAutosport which I verified with willtheyfit.com

I wasn't sold on the Stratus Grey to begin with and I still prefer Silver Grey but under the right light it looks stunning and the Ceramic Coat helps give it some real depth to bring out all the body contours. The extended leather interior is mint and such a nice cockpit to be in. Love the car
2008 BMW Z4 MSport 3.0 Si Coupe in Stratus Grey with Red New England Extended Leather Upholstery. Purchased 14 December 2019 via the Forum with just 25k miles.

JK0202

Post by JK0202 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Penelope wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:21 pm
Ilogik wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:08 pm Glad you got the wheels Penelope, how come you didn't go for the et35 rears in the end?

I just went with the advice from BMAutosport which I verified with willtheyfit.com

I wasn't sold on the Stratus Grey to begin with and I still prefer Silver Grey but under the right light it looks stunning and the Ceramic Coat helps give it some real depth to bring out all the body contours. The extended leather interior is mint and such a nice cockpit to be in. Love the car
I've recently got exactly the same alloy and tyre combo from BM Autosport as well. Looks so good on the car!
Attachments
20211015_123411.jpg
20211015_123411.jpg (167.5 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Z4 coupe 3.0si, Sport Silver Grey, manual - ZHP, stubby, gloss black grills, 19" CSL's

330ci Sport Convertible, Oxford Green, Automatic

G01 X3 M Sport Carbon Black

Penelope

Post by Penelope » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:25 pm

JK0202 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:08 pm

I've recently got exactly the same alloy and tyre combo from BM Autosport as well. Looks so good on the car!
Any rubbing whilst steering at the front. I get contact here:
2008 BMW Z4 MSport 3.0 Si Coupe in Stratus Grey with Red New England Extended Leather Upholstery. Purchased 14 December 2019 via the Forum with just 25k miles.

Penelope

Post by Penelope » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:26 pm

Penelope wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Attachments
E86_013.jpg
E86_013.jpg (54.4 KiB) Viewed 942 times

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Post by True-Blue » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:31 pm

I wasn't sold on the Stratus Grey to begin with and I still prefer Silver Grey
Really? …Stratus Grey hands-down the best colour for an E86 by a country mile for me, even better than Pheonix… just not quite as rare.

Monaco Blue my favourite colour for an E85 though, although I’m still yet to have one in that shade :cry:
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

Penelope

Post by Penelope » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:34 pm

True-Blue wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:31 pm

I wasn't sold on the Stratus Grey to begin with and I still prefer Silver Grey
Really? …Stratus Grey hands-down the best colour for an E86 by a country mile for me, even better than Pheonix… just not quite as rare.

Monaco Blue my favourite colour for an E85 though, although I’m still yet to have one in that shade :cry:
Well if you like Phoenix Yellow it shows you like the bolder colourways! I think it's because under some light Stratus Grey can look more bronze and I prefer cooler tones for bodywork on modern cars. It does look amazing under the fluorescent lights in the car park above but Silver Grey is more of a timeless colour...even if it is perhaps a bit more of a Mercedes vibe than BMW. (Not sure what colour BMW is most synonymous with)

JK0202

Post by JK0202 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:54 am

Rub free at the minute! Mark at BM said there shouldn't be any issues at all with rubbing
Z4 coupe 3.0si, Sport Silver Grey, manual - ZHP, stubby, gloss black grills, 19" CSL's

330ci Sport Convertible, Oxford Green, Automatic

G01 X3 M Sport Carbon Black

Ilogik

Post by Ilogik » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:15 pm

On full lock it feels like it catches a bit, I have the same front wheels but my rears are et38 and no issues.

I’d highly recommend anyone going forward to go for the 19.9.5 to go for the et38s for the more conclaved look to the rears as I feel bm wheels are playing it super safe.
Attachments
B1374D72-3581-46F1-B72C-83B478BB5199.jpeg
B1374D72-3581-46F1-B72C-83B478BB5199.jpeg (223.3 KiB) Viewed 844 times

Penelope

Post by Penelope » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:17 pm

Penelope wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:26 pm

Just been playing with the arch liner and I think the offside is an aftermarket liner. The nearside has better clearance though it's still very very close with the wheel on half lock. I'll try heat moulding the offending liner or order a new one from a BMW dealer which I imagine will be something £ludicrous

Penelope

Post by Penelope » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Ilogik wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:15 pm On full lock it feels like it catches a bit, I have the same front wheels but my rears are et38 and no issues.

I’d highly recommend anyone going forward to go for the 19.9.5 to go for the et38s for the more conclaved look to the rears as I feel bm wheels are playing it super safe.
The wheel doesn't jump out of the arch as much with ET45. The ET38 is much more aggressive looking so guess that's the choice difference.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 19.24.35.png
Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 19.24.35.png (913.8 KiB) Viewed 841 times

Penelope

Post by Penelope » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:34 pm

Before v After. Car has raised a few mm overall
Attachments
E86_002.jpg
E86_002.jpg (108.81 KiB) Viewed 838 times
E86_001.jpg
E86_001.jpg (106.1 KiB) Viewed 838 times

Penelope

Post by Penelope » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm

Review after proper road use!

After hundreds of miles taking the car from London to the Lake District and back I’m happy to say that I’ve not experienced any further rubbing or other issues. I personally can’t tell any difference in terms of harshness between the 19” Atomics with PS4S and the 18” MV2s on PZeros. I’m no Sunday driver and had a bit of fun around the Lakeland B roads but I certainly don’t hammer the car or take corners at ludicrous speeds so perhaps it could be harder on the suspension for anyone that drives like that. The car does feel more grounded but that could be psychosomatic due to the wider wheels & tyres. It also feels fractionally slower in terms of acceleration which could be down to the heavier weight of the wheels but that might be down to it being slightly quieter on the PS4S than the PZeros.. Again, I’m no racing driver so the difference is negligible. I hesitated for a couple of years before buying these wheels as was very worried it would be an expensive investment that I would really dislike. That fear has now gone and I am super happy to have these on my car and love it just as much as I did on the 18” to drive but much prefer how it looks on the 19” which is important given that a large part of the appeal of the Z4 Coupe is its beauty!

Incidentally the wheels were delivered with tyre pressure at 40psi which is what they were at when I had the contact with wheel arch during reverse parking. Before this trip I dropped them to 34psi all around and the front wheels now seems to clear ok…if they touch again I’ll get a heat gun on the arch liners and reform them!

BMAutosport were amazing from start to finish and I can not recommend them enough!

IRD

Post by IRD » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:39 pm

Penelope wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm Review after proper road use!

After hundreds of miles taking the car from London to the Lake District and back I’m happy to say that I’ve not experienced any further rubbing or other issues. I personally can’t tell any difference in terms of harshness between the 19” Atomics with PS4S and the 18” MV2s on PZeros. I’m no Sunday driver and had a bit of fun around the Lakeland B roads but I certainly don’t hammer the car or take corners at ludicrous speeds so perhaps it could be harder on the suspension for anyone that drives like that. The car does feel more grounded but that could be psychosomatic due to the wider wheels & tyres. It also feels fractionally slower in terms of acceleration which could be down to the heavier weight of the wheels but that might be down to it being slightly quieter on the PS4S than the PZeros.. Again, I’m no racing driver so the difference is negligible. I hesitated for a couple of years before buying these wheels as was very worried it would be an expensive investment that I would really dislike. That fear has now gone and I am super happy to have these on my car and love it just as much as I did on the 18” to drive but much prefer how it looks on the 19” which is important given that a large part of the appeal of the Z4 Coupe is its beauty!

Incidentally the wheels were delivered with tyre pressure at 40psi which is what they were at when I had the contact with wheel arch during reverse parking. Before this trip I dropped them to 34psi all around and the front wheels now seems to clear ok…if they touch again I’ll get a heat gun on the arch liners and reform them!

BMAutosport were amazing from start to finish and I can not recommend them enough!

You have a lot to answer for! After seeing your beautiful coupe with the Atomic wheels I couldn’t resist the temptation any longer. I made a tentative enquiry at BMAuto as to when they would have new stock. Their website was showing sold out on the wheels you bought. Well it just happened there had been a cancellation and they had the one set left. They were so helpful. It would have been churlish not to buy. New stock not due until April and probably going to be £20 a wheel more. So I am busy working on suitable excuses to my lovely wife as to why that last set of Atomic CSLs arrived this morning. I think, with care I might manage to avoid divorce proceedings. :oops:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:25 pm

IRD wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:39 pm You have a lot to answer for! After seeing your beautiful coupe with the Atomic wheels I couldn’t resist the temptation any longer. I made a tentative enquiry at BMAuto as to when they would have new stock. Their website was showing sold out on the wheels you bought. Well it just happened there had been a cancellation and they had the one set left. They were so helpful. It would have been churlish not to buy. New stock not due until April and probably going to be £20 a wheel more. So I am busy working on suitable excuses to my lovely wife as to why that last set of Atomic CSLs arrived this morning. I think, with care I might manage to avoid divorce proceedings. :oops:
This forum can become an expensive place!

But then it's easier to seek forgiveness than permission, so hopefully you'll be OK Ian. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

IRD

Post by IRD » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:48 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:25 pm
IRD wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:39 pm You have a lot to answer for! After seeing your beautiful coupe with the Atomic wheels I couldn’t resist the temptation any longer. I made a tentative enquiry at BMAuto as to when they would have new stock. Their website was showing sold out on the wheels you bought. Well it just happened there had been a cancellation and they had the one set left. They were so helpful. It would have been churlish not to buy. New stock not due until April and probably going to be £20 a wheel more. So I am busy working on suitable excuses to my lovely wife as to why that last set of Atomic CSLs arrived this morning. I think, with care I might manage to avoid divorce proceedings. :oops:
This forum can become an expensive place!

But then it's easier to seek forgiveness than permission, so hopefully you'll be OK Ian. :thumbsup:
You are right Iain. When I bought this car. Apart from making sure all was well. I promised myself that I wouldn’t spend much on it. Then Stuart kindly offered to go through it to identify areas which would benefit from preventative maintenance. Before I knew it an order for nearly £600 was placed with Autodoc for parts.Then of course the wheels originally on the car needed refurbishing. I managed to scuff one of the newly refurbed wheels on the way into the garage. So another bit of expenditure was required. Oh! And Stuart managed to find me a lovely set of MSport heated seats. Reading the threads, as you do, I spotted this beautiful coupe with the Atomic CSLs. It looks stunning and I have always loved the CSL pattern. So hence the wheels were ordered. Not to mention new tyres. So when you get down to it Angela must be a saint to put up with me. Then of course there is the Royal’s steering wheel I would like. But I think I better hold my horses before there is violence.😉