Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

To ///M or not to ///M?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:26 am

which track days do you do ?

sammyz

Post by sammyz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:27 pm

TBH I found the M roadster a very different car to drive straight from a 2.5 Si, it didn't feel so well balanced and I was a little disappointed....for about 10 seconds.. :rofl:

then I realised you have to drive the M very differently, once you grab it and start to use the power to drive out of bends rather than trying to 'flow' the car comes alive. EVO awarded it 5 stars and rated it a better drive than the Boxster S, Clarkson changed his mind and now likes it. and on the Top Gear test track it posted a time that very few (mostly exotica) could beat..

Go on you know it makles sense!!

tehdarkstar

Post by tehdarkstar » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Andy wrote:which track days do you do ?
I do any tracks that I can get to. In June I've been to Bedford Autodrome and this month I've been to Donington Park. I was booked for Castle Combe for the 3rd of August, but now with the change of cars I decided to postpone it to late September.

I just got a call from the BMW dealeship I was going to visit tomorrow and they have sold the car, so I'm not seeing it tomorrow any more. I think I will have to go back looking for it.