Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

One year on...

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Herminator

Re: One year on...

Post by Herminator » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Speaking of TVR's....
On my Sunday drive I was coming off a round about and thought, how odd, there's a big trail of water on a sunny day. Then I felt it was a bit slippy. My eyes followed the trail of "water" about 100yards and at the end was a Tuscan at the side of the road :rofl: It had obviously decided that it's oil was surplus to requirements. :poke: He had his driving buddy parked behind him, an MR2 I think, he had that, "oh no, not again", look on his face. :P
BMW M4CS, San Marino Blue, CCBs

Gone but not forgotten- Z4M Roadster, E31 840 Ci Sport, E85 Z4 3.0 Sport.

Mr Whippy

Re: One year on...

Post by Mr Whippy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Tref wrote:
Mr Whippy wrote: The only car I can imagine I could replace the Z4 with would be a Tamora, more of the same, just more hairy chested, but still practical and proper front engine/rwd 6 pot NA motor sports car ethos :D

Dave
Ah yes, the most underestimated TVR. For some reason people think they are a lesser car than the T350/Tuscan/Sagaris. I can tell you that they are not. How to make passenger cry out loud in petrol induced fear... :driving:
I thought the T350/Tuscan/Sag are all 4.0, and the Tam was 3.6...!? I know you can get a 4.0 in a Tam though, with Red Rose pack :)

Not sure what it had really, as long as it didn't go pop in the engine department I'd be happy to run/maintain one myself as a long-term keeper!

I really like them, and the Mrs really likes them too, so if I have another sports car convertible after the Z4 that will be it :D

I think I'd have had one instead of the Z when they were down near £11,000-£12,000, they have shot back up near £15,000-£16,000 now for early ones... my only concern was getting one with a good engine, preferably with warranty. I just couldn't afford that to go wrong. Running costs no problem, but a £7-8k rebuild just 'happening' eeek!

Dave
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior