Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4um dead as a dodo!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:35 pm

Wondermike wrote:Is it gone forever then? Could you buy it now and re-direct it to here, or get it back online?
No, it's not available for registration until it "drops". It will be a few months yet.

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 pm

What a shame. I feel like I was being misdirected. :x

enfield

Post by enfield » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:19 pm

What I am disappointed at is the fact that there were messages being posted that Z4um would be back.
The Z4M Roaster & Croup are gone!
It's E92 M3 from now on.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:23 pm

enfield wrote:What I am disappointed at is the fact that there were messages being posted that Z4um would be back.
Don't worry too much.. we're growing faster than z4um did in the early days, and hopefully with some of the changes I'm going to make in the next week or two we should start getting new members sailing in from google...

Before too long we'll be bigger than z4um was... watch this space ;)

Also, not to sound conceited (I hope) z4um got lazt in the end... it had a good archine of posts and info, but the owner took no interest as far as I could see... at least here we are building a team from scratch that will make this place great :D

enfield

Post by enfield » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:34 pm

sp3ctre
I like what you have done - Oh Captain! my Captain!!

I am just disappointed because I feel.... mislead with the postings saying "Hold on" and that "We will be back".
The Z4M Roaster & Croup are gone!
It's E92 M3 from now on.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:35 pm

Hehe.. I was too... that's where this site came from :D (me and my temper, LOL)

PeteH

Post by PeteH » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:08 am

I would like to point out that the mods & admins on Z4UM did everything to try and contact Amir to get the site back up and running. Amir had/has all the passwords & login's and did not pass any of these details onto anyone else, and believe me we did try.

I wasn't a Mod or Admin on Z4UM but helped out Ray and Jules to try and not let the community die by constantly trying to make contact with Amir. Luckily Jim has done a fantastic job here and brought everyone back together.

For the people that have posted that the mods and admins did nothing you are very wrong. They all tried their best to get get the necessary access to try and fix things and are still trying to contract Amir to try and get the historic contact back. :x
2006 - Z4M Roadster, Sapphire Black, Imola Red Leather, CSL 19's & all the toys!
2007 - E90 320D M Sport, Le Mans Blue, Hartge Engine Upgrade

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:11 am

PeteH wrote:I would like to point out that the mods & admins on Z4UM did everything to try and contact Amir to get the site back up and running. Amir had/has all the passwords & login's and did not pass any of these details onto anyone else, and believe me we did try.

I wasn't a Mod or Admin on Z4UM but helped out Ray and Jules to try and not let the community die by constantly trying to make contact with Amir. Luckily Jim has done a fantastic job here and brought everyone back together.

For the people that have posted that the mods and admins did nothing you are very wrong. They all tried their best to get get the necessary access to try and fix things and are still trying to contract Amir to try and get the historic contact back. :x
Am really not trying to cause a war, or beat anyone up over it... just think communication could've been better... not between the mods and Amir, but between the mods and the members. I have had lots of PM's from people saying that is what got to them most. In several months there were just 2 or 3 posts from Monadh, that was it.

... that's all in the past now anyway... thanks for the kind words re this forum :D

takedown8

Post by takedown8 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:17 am

A forum is what its members make of it, not the mods. That's why I don't feel any real loyalty to z4um. They may have been working hard to get it back up and running, but honestly how hard would it have been to post once a week on a couple of sites to let us know what was going on. I think we deserved that much.

I really appreciate mods for all the hard work they do to keep the forums running, but they should reciprocate that same appreciation to their members.

Sp3ctre on the other hand, is extreme and is doing such a good job, that he's lost his day job, his wife, and most of his family. I don't condone that either. :lol:
2005 Z4 3.0i, Maldives Blue, Beige int, Black top

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:32 am

I like it here.

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:35 am

Me too :P

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 am

me three :P
Member ZSCCA

AlanL

Post by AlanL » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:31 am

Not sure what I could expect out of a resurrected Z4um that would be better than this after such a long absence.... :idunno:

Here's to our new Home(TM) :drinkwine:
Last edited by AlanL on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:03 am

takedown8 wrote:A forum is what its members make of it, not the mods. That's why I don't feel any real loyalty to z4um. They may have been working hard to get it back up and running, but honestly how hard would it have been to post once a week on a couple of sites to let us know what was going on. I think we deserved that much.

I really appreciate mods for all the hard work they do to keep the forums running, but they should reciprocate that same appreciation to their members.

Sp3ctre on the other hand, is extreme and is doing such a good job, that he's lost his day job, his wife, and most of his family. I don't condone that either. :lol:
Sounds like someone's sucking up really really badly for a moderator position at this board...
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:04 am

So... any thoughts as to registering the Z4um domain and directing traffic directly to here?
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé