Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Iphone password

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Iphone password

Post by enzed4 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 am

Where I work has an Apple repair centre - I spoke with one of the guys and he pretty much said that without the apple id/password (and no invoice etc), you are well and truly screwed, they can't do anything, even as an authorised repairer.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

wegras

Iphone password

Post by wegras » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:09 pm

enzed4 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:45 am
ronk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:31 am As an update, she was able to get a letter from he service provider who was also the phone supplier, showing the phone details, imei etc, when the phone was last used — Apple then accepted that as proof of ownership and released their grip.
As she doesn’t have a pc or Mac she had take it to the Apple store to be set up with a new Apple ID and password .
I’ve now stored a copy of her usernames and passwords for any future losses.
I’m sure she’s learned a lesson the hard way.
Good to hear she was able to get it resolved, and as mentioned, hopefully lesson learned.
I've really had to bite my tongue when called out to troubleshoot EFTPOS faults, and the store manager/owner is hovering over my shoulder asking when will it be fixed, it's 'business critical' and they can't function without it, losing money, blah blah blah. If it was so critical why don't they have a failover to the mobile network in place? 'Normal' network goes down, system switches to cellular and carries on.
Oh wait, it costs money, and while the normal system is working it's just not a priority. But when it fails..... :headbang:
Some people just can't help themselves...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family