Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

1 week in ... and no sign off the inane grine subsiding!

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Re: 1 week in ... and no sign off the inane grine subsiding!

Post by Shipkiller » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:57 am

smokedog wrote:Hows the Z4C compare to the 350Z. As these are the two cars I'm looking at purchasing.
Take a look at this video:

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-WBFegO-s6E&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-WBFegO-s6E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Drives 2008 Z4MC (His) & 2003 Z4 Roadster (Her's)

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:34 am

Ah yes, the old 5th Gear TV series test. :) Good viewing.
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Bradders

Post by Bradders » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:39 pm

smokedog wrote:Hows the Z4C compare to the 350Z. As these are the two cars I'm looking at purchasing.
Put simply ... get the Z4 :thumbsup:

Whilst the 350Z was undoubtedly a fast car, it didn't feel quick. It looked good, but wasn't a head-turner. The interior was nice, but full of rattles. It handled well, perhaps too well as it felt 'boring' to drive! After 6 months of owning it I was considering a replacement :|

With the Z4, the build quality is far superior, it feels fast and involving, handling is more 'edgy', it's far better looking (IMHO) ... and it makes you want to find an excuse to drive it! Three weeks in and I'm certain this one's a keeper! :)
Image Z4C - 3.0 Si Sport - Black / Black

Inuit

Post by Inuit » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Bradders wrote:

Whilst the 350Z was undoubtedly a fast car, it didn't feel quick. It looked good, but wasn't a head-turner. The interior was nice, but full of rattles. It handled well, perhaps too well as it felt 'boring' to drive! After 6 months of owning it I was considering a replacement :|

With the Z4, the build quality is far superior, it feels fast and involving, handling is more 'edgy', it's far better looking (IMHO) ... and it makes you want to find an excuse to drive it! Three weeks in and I'm certain this one's a keeper! :)
We have both, but the Z4 is the M roadster. The 350 is a great car, but incredibly noisey, we have an import and the drive is so hard and crashy, handling around corners does feel better than the Z, but the interior is so poor, the z4 is not great, my glove box fell off this week, but then the 350 does not even have one :x . We have had the 350 since new 03 and it has still only done 13k, i put over 3k last year in 2 months when my audi was having it s gear box replaced (expensive, but best thing that has happened as i went out and bought the Z while i was waiting for it to be fixed for the 2nd time). The 350 is a bit of a chore to drive and when you get stuck in traffic it is a nightmare, it is my partners car and he prefers it over the Z, but when asked what he would drive on a regular daily basis he would choose the Z4.

I tried all our cars back to back over the same route, including a bit of motorway and some twisty b roads. The three cars are the Z4M roadster - 3.2g audii tt roadster and the 350z coupe, did not inlude or citeron synergie people carrier as did not want that to show the other 3 up :D . They all out shone each other in areas. The audi was the best handling, 350z the loudest :roll: but at the end of the day the Z4mr was the most thrlling. It is really what your preferences are. i drive my z4 as my daily car - the audi has been resigned to ocassional drive and winter car - cannot beat the 4wd and the 350z is lovely for a blast out but way too noisy for a permanent daily drive for me, oh and biggest problem is it is a coupe :poke:
Image 56 Imola Red Z4M Roadster

smokedog

Post by smokedog » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Bradders wrote:

Not really into the head tuner thing, just want a fast car that sounds nice and comfortable.

Trying to justify to myself that the Z4C is worth paying the £10k extra over a 350z...

@Inuit thanks for the helpful post :thumbsup:

Ozzie

Post by Ozzie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Nice...just got my Coupe June! :D
'12 Z4 s20i Roadster Mineral White Coral Red Kansas Trim & perhaps most importantly, Coffee Cup Holders!!

Ozzie

Post by Ozzie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:55 pm

NIce. Just got my Coupe June. :D
'12 Z4 s20i Roadster Mineral White Coral Red Kansas Trim & perhaps most importantly, Coffee Cup Holders!!

Robb

Post by Robb » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:33 am

Iv got the same wheels on mine and agree they suit the coupe really well.