Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

This is a great Z owners club..BUT

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
scootr

Post by scootr » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:53 pm

kinger wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:31 pmTriumph Stag
ermmmmmm
at the moment, i have 5....shhhh :oops:
:D
Thank you for making feel better about my problem.
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:18 pm

Singapore stag wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:26 pm ............. I have found that some members on this Forum are quite cold in their attitude. Seems they don't like to reply for the help sought and a bit sarcastic and cheeky. ..........
I've found members on this forum to be fantastically helpful so contribute when I can. But some member's responses can depend on the questioners efforts to search the forum / google / RealOEM themselves first. Most topics have been covered before but the forum search function isn't the best TBH. You can search the forum more effectively by typing site:Z4-forum.com in google, followed by the search term you are after, this restricts google's results to pages within that site only. Using "quotation" marks around a word or phrase forces google to only give results that contain that exact term. Combined it can save a lot of effort :thumbsup:

Example, site:Z4-forum.com "test" battery voltage will give google results only from the forum, that refer to battery OR voltage but definitely contains the word "test"

I hope this helps 8)
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Singapore stag

Post by Singapore stag » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:37 am

Example, site:Z4-forum.com "test" battery voltage will give google results only from the forum, that refer to battery OR voltage but definitely contains the word "test"

Thanks Ewazix, thats what I really want. I have been scouring the forum search option for the info I require but to no avail. Wasted a lot of time, hence my posting on the forum as a last resort.
Rgds,

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:57 am

Ewazix wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:18 pm
Singapore stag wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:26 pm ............. I have found that some members on this Forum are quite cold in their attitude. Seems they don't like to reply for the help sought and a bit sarcastic and cheeky. ..........
I've found members on this forum to be fantastically helpful so contribute when I can. But some member's responses can depend on the questioners efforts to search the forum / google / RealOEM themselves first. Most topics have been covered before but the forum search function isn't the best TBH. You can search the forum more effectively by typing site:Z4-forum.com in google, followed by the search term you are after, this restricts google's results to pages within that site only. Using "quotation" marks around a word or phrase forces google to only give results that contain that exact term. Combined it can save a lot of effort :thumbsup:

I hope this helps 8)
Cheers, usefull to know. :thumbsup: Though personally I find the forum Search engine is pretty good. :D

skelters

Post by skelters » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:24 pm

ph001 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:18 am What’s the difference between an owners club and a forum???
Beards.

Bearded weirdos who know the whole development and history of the torque settings for every nut and bolt on their car that has so many parts changed that it'd put Triggers Broom to shame!
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:45 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 pm

kinger wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:31 pm at the moment, i have 5....shhhh :oops:
OMG, and the daily is making troubles. :roll:
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:26 pm

skelters wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:24 pm
ph001 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:18 am What’s the difference between an owners club and a forum???
Beards.

Bearded weirdos who know the whole development and history of the torque settings for every nut and bolt on their car that has so many parts changed that it'd put Triggers Broom to shame!
Bards.

Strange people that have a supernatural ability to wax lyrical about anything connected (or disconnected) or remotely related to a particular marque :P
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold